Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goosebumps

If you've read the story by John Jones and don't have a lump in your throat then I wonder how human you really are.

I must confess to having goosebumps near the end when remembering my own start off and entry into such a passionate past time. I came from tough and broken home myself and relate to much of the story.

How wonderful and how lucky we all are these days.

Absolutely superb.

Dead right Stuart. I think it's this type of article that sets Fishingmagic apart from most other fishing media.

I'm not meaning this to be a plug for FM, but really, where else could you read something like this?

Maybe in Waterlog to some extent, but that's about it.

Yes, you realise we are lucky when you read it, but unlucky in that you could read more of this type of article in those days.

john conway Guest

Nice article John, brings back quite a few memories. Sometimes you canít pay back those who have helped you along the way but I think you do that by helping others. Youíre right Graham there are few places now where you can read this type of storey? I hope its just for commercial reasons and not that the modern angler is loosing their humanity and ability to enjoy what nature provides free of charge.

Thats why we love this site mate!

Great article John, very enjoyable.
    Takes me back to my start which was much the same... not to far away either it was the Bham/Fazeley canal.
    Hope you and Phil get your day out on the Avon soon!

I have frequented the Tower Ballroom at Edgbaston a few times too...but enough said about that!

Fabulous. Most moving thing I've read on the 'net in a long while.

Good reading john, and very moveing. We just have to stop and think at times.

Davy North Guest

GREAT!, and I must be human after all, I've a lump in my throat the size of a football. Very touching, and more proof if it was needed as to how fishing can change peoples lives.

Mark Hodson Guest

Fantastic article, shows how wonderful our sport is and how it changes your life for the better, everyone at some time owes it to the sport they to share its delights with another, Bravo.

Malcolm Bason Guest

Absolutely superb!

When reading something such as this, it can't help but one's own childhood fishing memories - thanks for that!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast