Wychwood Lunker Carp Boots

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I've wore these a few times now, had them around a year and just cannot get on with them. As for walking a mile in them, i'm not so sure. I find them extremely heavy and cumbersome and very bulky around the top part. I can probably see why they call em Carp boots now, ok perhaps for lounging around in a swim but as i said i would not recommend them for walking any distance.

W

Wolfman Woody

Why not put a report in the reviews section?

I was going to buy some of these as I thought they'd be better than my present ones.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Mine were also uncomfortable and fell apart after only a year. Now use Skeetex field boots whgich are far better.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Big Up skeetex field boots."

Is that modern speak for you think they are excellent, Michael?

Those are the ones I have and they're ok, but I was thinking there might be a lighter pair than those, yet just as warm. I've been out at night in minus 10c and toes are warm as toast.

M

Malcolm Bason

I have the Lunkers - i find em ok, but are a bit bulky. But then, I got them to keep my feet warm in winter, and they do what it says on the t....

S

sash

Jeff,

There are two types of Skeetex field boot. The more recent one is lighter, slightly less waterproof and, I find, more comfortable. Sadly more expensive though!
Not sure which type you have but may be worth further investigation.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

tut tut the youth of today !!! why dont you clean them if they are dirty ??

S

sash

Super Boot for me Wol, I find it more comfortable (feels much lighter too) for rod hopping drains even though it is cut lower and won't withstand a bootfull when stepping on that patch of reeds that turns into thin air! Prices are rarely discounted by much though, yet I've seen the original Field boot for ?mid 30's. If you're fishing fairly statically with no big hikes involved it's got to be the Skeetex welly for me, nothing warmer!!

W

Wolfman Woody

It never pays to skimp on the price of good boots. I bought (used them last night) some Karrimor KSBs with Goretex lining for walking and general fishing and they're brilliant.

I have the older Skeetex ones, got them just after they came out. I have the originals too, but just don't use them now. So, I would go for the Super Boot.

But what about Prologic Max-4 polar boots here ? AND THEY'RE CAMO!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

Take a look at this site here too. Aigle are not cheap, but a friend of mine has their wellies and he swears they're ever so warm and comfy. They do the Genet GTX boot.

About time we had some bloody good quality boots for angling.

W

Wolfman Woody

I should have said for that last one - click 'Hunting and Fishing" then click on "Parcours Club" and then click on "Genet GTX".

Bit of a long way around, but no direct URL.