Short fishing break suggestions?

Shine

Reaction score
I live in Kent so somewhere up to 200 miles should do the job. (Not France, has to be in the UK). Want to go away somewhere with the wife in September for 5-7 days. Looking for somewhere where I can fish with a chance of getting a 30+ carp or some nice size tench, plus somewhere where the wife can chill out.

A lodge, static caravan or accommodation near the lake would be great.

Any suggestions?

So far I've got this one..... Home

and this one from Cakey.... Fishing prices and rules at Warmwell Holiday Park – Parkdean Holidays UK

Bluenose

Reaction score
How far are you from Devon/Cornwall Shine?

If within range I'm sure Mr Frothey could point you in the right direction.

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Chequer Tree Fishery in Ashford is a great complex with three lakes, carp, coarse and trout. It's got four log cabin lodges, or you can stay in a caravan or of course a tent/bivvy. Tents are £10 a night.

The complex has a toilet and washing block. Here are the fish:

Carp upto 32lbs
Tench upto 8lbs
Bream upto 8lbs
Chub upto 6lbs
Perch upto 5lbs
Roach upto 3lbs
Rudd upto 2lbs

CHEQUERTREE TROUT & COARSE FISHERY with HOLIDAY ACCOMODATION
Check out the website!

Also if you're from Kent check out the new forum in my sig. ;)

Last edited:

Shine

Reaction score
I could go that far if the price was right BN.

Chequertree looks ok Bap. I've about 7 tabs open here trying to find the right one.

I have looked on that forum site but I'm ok here (and on a carp only) forum site). :)

frippe

Reaction score
I have never been to Wildmoor but heard its not the most prolific. Money ould be spent elsewhere was the jist I got.

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Chequertree looks ok Bap. I've about 7 tabs open here trying to find the right one.

I have looked on that forum site but I'm ok here (and on a carp only) forum site). :)

Went for a 36hr session to chequer tree yesterday and day before, the biggest carp we had were two 12 and a half pounders. Also had a 11lb 8oz sturgeon. Probably not big enough for what you're looking for. :cool: It says carp to 32lb, but most are low double figures.

Ah ok. :) Thanks for looking anyway. :D

BapAndFuro

Shine

Reaction score

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Shine

I went here in April:

UK Fishing Holidays.Carp fishing in log cabins.Luxury self catering accommodation.Carp,perch,roach.

you probably won't get a 30, but I managed a 20lb 6oz new PB linear mirror, plus several doubles. It's not stupidly easy, but that said you'd have to either be a muppet or UNBELIEVABLY unlucky with the weather not to put a few carp on the bank.

Also, there's no bream in there.

Also, if you wanted a break from two rods and buzzers, it has a very large head of crucian carp which are absolutely amazing!! You want two or three hours to go by in the blink of an eye? Float fish for crucians!! The float rarely keeps still (which keeps your heart beating!) but equally rarely shows a true bite - and when it does you sometimes miss... brilliant fun, and as different as can be to "proper" carping.

However, more importantly - your missus will most likely love it. The site is very beautiful, the lodges are right alongside the best lake... My wife was very smitten by the place and actually suggested a return trip before I'd even had a chance to.

Shine

Reaction score
Hi Jim.
Thank you for the info. It does look lovely. Just looking at the prices etc and they don't have a 4 day break in September. Weekly only at £565.

Cheers anyway.

Dave

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Hello mate

Yeah, that it a bit of an issue there - we'd have been again this Autumn if they did short breaks at this time of year.

What we did in April was me and three mates went for the first four nights... I then went home and got the missus (and left the kids with the grandparents) for the last couple of nights.

Don't know if you might be able to do something similar... helps spread the cost if you can.

captain carrott

Reaction score
if someone were going to the trouble of traveling to norfolk, there's far better things they could do with ther time than fishing for carp.

captain carrott

Reaction score
well if it's september, there's wildlife spectacle unparallelled in britain, and on the angling front you've got the whole broads system to go at,

Shine

Reaction score
I was thinking of the wildlife side of it. I was on going to fish for 2 days.

At this very moment though I can't get the money together so it might have to wait until next year now.