What Could You ?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
What piece of Fishing Equipment that you currently take fishing with you do you think you could live without ?

And, will you once deciding whether you can live without it there for stop taking it with you ?

For me it was my Brolly, i very rarely take it with me when i am going fishing, the only time i may take it is if i think the Sun is going to be out and it will shade me from getting burnt <delicate skin> ................... :D

What can you live without and will you stop taking it ?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What piece of Fishing Equipment that you currently take fishing with you do you think you could live without ?

Its only a little piece of 'kit' but I have one in each of my tackle boxes - its a wind knot picker.
I think the Italians first marketed them commercially closely followed by the French, a Losapiomo.

I would never go fishing without one.

I've lost count of the time it has saved me precious time both in matches and in practice or pleasure sessions.

Like the famous credit card punch line; never leave home without it!

captain carrott

Reaction score
Peter,

Which piece of equipment if any do you think you could do without taking ?

This was my original question -:

it's terrible what age does to a man.

for me it has to be the brolly, so much so that mine now resides in the tip, can't see me buying another one

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Feeders - for some reason I panic if I haven't got one to suit every circumstance! I have started to sort it out by keeping all my stillwater method feeders in the garage in a carrier bag.

I forgot them the other day.....

Philip

Reaction score
7 of the 8 or 9 different baits I seem to take with me all the time for the "what if" scenario...be great to just go & focus 100% on one thing for a change..

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Nothing..... I need it ALLLLLL, in fact, I need more...... And some spares.

kevin o connor

Reaction score
If I was to be honest, I could do with not bringing most of the gear I carry.
When is the last time anyone used everything they brought. My problem is, that it is only on my way home that I realise what I could have done without.:j:j

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Oddly enough a top kit roost. It comes with a little tripod as well. And there it lives, at the bottom of my box......

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For most of my fishing I've got my kit down to a small Korum Tackle and bait bag (packet full admittedly), a bucket with bait in, a landing net and handle and a quiver with 2 rod and reels

It was hard going - cold turkey for about 6 months but I made it :eek: