Otters are as dangerous as lions

Noel80

Reaction score
Read this in yesterday's Guardian. It's from an article about a guy who bought a zoo (despite not having any experience).

Otters are as dangerous as lions

Technically, if an otter escapes, it's a Code Red. As Class 1 dangerous animals - because they could bite your finger off - the same procedure has to be followed as with a lion: the whole 30-acre park has to be shut down, customers herded into safe areas, police notified, firearms deployed, and the animal shot dead unless it is absolutely certain it can be contained. In fact, for our otters, containment would be pretty straightforward. A piece of fish and a net on a pole would probably do the trick.

To be fair, I think he's referring to Asian otters but it's still interesting...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Thats nothing slime, our local otters have herded cows and sheep into an open space and eaten the lot. They even ate my dog sally the other day...
I'm gutted...............

cg74

Reaction score
And just think a humble maggot can devour a live sheep from the inside:rolleyes:, wonder if they should give them the same 'Class 1' danger rating.:rolleyes: :D :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Read this in yesterday's Guardian. It's from an article about a guy who bought a zoo (despite not having any experience).

To be fair, I think he's referring to Asian otters but it's still interesting...

Yeah I knew the truth would come out :wh:cool:
Just like that plonker in Jurassic Park!

Mess with nature at YOUR peril..................'Nature will find a way'

captain carrott

Reaction score
Yeah I knew the truth would come out :wh:cool:
Just like that plonker in Jurassic Park!

Mess with nature at YOUR peril..................'Nature will find a way'

i bet you reckon irony means something that's a bit like iron!!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
i bet you reckon irony means something that's a bit like iron!!!!

No mate, irony is a bit ironic really. It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife, or meeting the man of your dreams and meeting his beautiful wife..............isn't it ironic..........

;)

Nature on the other hand, isn't ironic...

DON'T MESS WITH NATURE, LET IT TAKE ITS COURSE!

captain carrott

Reaction score
No mate, irony is a bit ironic really. It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife, or meeting the man of your dreams and meeting his beautiful wife..............isn't it ironic..........

;)

Nature on the other hand, isn't ironic...

DON'T MESS WITH NATURE, LET IT TAKE ITS COURSE!

what you mean like leaving the current otter population alone to get on with it and find it's own ballance, rather than calling for them to be killed.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Richard the Otterheart, or Elsa the otter , or Elton johns, The otter king.
doesn't quite have the same ring (of bright water) about it innit......

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
what you mean like leaving the current otter population alone to get on with it and find it's own ballance, rather than calling for them to be killed.

Sort of CC, but stop the tree huggers rescuing the runts, rearing them and releasing them......that aint natural.....the runts are meant to die!

That will create an imbalance of nature if they don't!

rains

Reaction score

lol thats made my day

Son of Meldrew

Reaction score
The Final Solution

Anyone tried that new curry dish - the Tarka Massala? It's like a Tikka but it's a little 'otter...

Seriously, what we need to do is train the otters to eat the cormorants, then train the East European fish thieves to eat the otters, then have them deported for killing a protected species! Simples, as the meerkat says! We might even get our river habitats back the way they were before the animal rights nutters let the mink loose... better than waiting for the EA to do something...

preston96

Reaction score
Sort of CC, but stop the tree huggers rescuing the runts, rearing them and releasing them......that aint natural.....the runts are meant to die!

That will create an imbalance of nature if they don't!

perhaps its the do gooders that we should cull mate.........the Bewdley swan lady was another, some on here would be ready to carry the can for anything in the misguided belief it will protect angling.

Get the waters right and then may be the time to introduce them.

Anyone know where i can get an otter hound, i want a nice doggie to take fishing. :wh