Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams 11 View Post
    Anyone know where i can get an otter hound, i want a nice doggie to take fishing.
    Yes mate ...take one Hound add petrol ,strike match ........wooooof!!

coat already on
    Fancy a pint?

2. Default

[QUOTE=slime monster;892929]Yes mate ...take one Hound add petrol ,strike match ........wooooof!!

coat already on[/QUOTE

Is it an otter skin coat?

Quote Originally Posted by slime monster View Post
    I saw one the other day hauling a bullock up a tree
    I would pay to have a Beaver Maul My Bo&&ox up a Tree .................. Thank God for Dyslexia

Ooppss ........ not in bait box <smiles sweetly at Mods>

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

Post removed, I've given up.
    Last edited by john m h; 05-09-2010 at 22:10.

If enough otter runts are rescued, we could end up with all the otters knowing how to play the banjo, but forgetting how to fish!

It might work.
    The Indifferent Crucian.

John and TIC () it is true

If they rescue the runts, rear them and re-introduce them, no laws have been broken....

I'm all for culling do-gooders. They all suffer from the same problem, they only see one side of the argument, they are a bit like the ill-famed lemmings, blissfully ignorant and careering towards their doom.

Were otters introduced back into the wild in selected areas and then left to their own devices nature would eliminate some of them as it does with all life. The problem is that they are putting far too many back and some in the wrong places, not only that, there is a continuing programme of reintroduction causing overcrowding and the otters seeking food from places other than the river, there natural food source. Add to this the decimation of the river fish caused by that overcrowding and its another case of "Houston we have a problem". We anglers are quite rightly up in arms about because we see the effects of this unlike the average man in the street who sees only TV pictures of cuddly otters, unfortunately for us anglers there are more of them than us.

Is there an answer? I think so, stop the reintroduction programme and give those that are in the wild now a chance to settle down as nature intends, and that includes a certain amount of thinning out. Lets face it there have always been fish in our rivers even when otters were natural to them, that is until nature saw fit to eradicate them due to man's interference in their habitat, maybe the same would happen again but at least it would be natural and not the result of mans interference yet again.
    Last edited by Graham Whatmore; 04-09-2010 at 06:54.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

I'd rather fight a Bloody Otter than a Lion anyday of the week ............ as dangerous as a Lion, my hairy armpit, how many Otter Tamers do you see at the circus

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

Ditto my previous post
    Last edited by john m h; 05-09-2010 at 22:10.

Blog Entries

I see the misinformed are still peddling the misinformation......

And they then wonder why the people they need to engage with in a sensible dialogue to address the issues where there is localised problems think they are a joke!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast