bivvies on a budget

M

matt thomas

im up for the summer barbel fish in but i dont have a shelter,wot do you suggest is a good buy with plenty of space for two,hundred quid is about my limit without going to the missus cap in hand.i could always blame swordsy as hes the one who suggested it!

egghead

Reaction score
mat go to used tackel in nottigham they are doing some good ones you would come out with change

F

Frothey

just get a profile type umbrella, plenty of protection for normal summer use, lighter as well....

S

si

i got bivvie on a budget from used tackle in notts its a 2 man and its not bad at all only paid ?80 even though there normally ?125 make him an offer !!! and he will prob take it but beware of the rest of his stuff its pants

M

matt thomas

thanks guys ,ill go and see roger at used tackle then,i only live 5 minutes from him anyway!! should have thought about that really !!your right si about some stuff but his quality is getting better ,i wouldnt want to buy without seeing e.g.mail order but its quite useful being so near to him,he has always done me deals in the past especially when i was starting up and didnt want to break the bank.what was the name of the bivvy si ?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
trawl through the magazines and look for a bargain....thats what i do....most of the monthly`s are packed with ads,esp the carp ones....i`m sure you`ll pick up something at a good price....

E

EC

Theres lots of bivvies/ovals for around/under the ?100 pound mark.
Daiwa are doing an oval WITH 2 strom rods and groundsheet for ?50. Overwrap costs ?35 ish.
I've seen the brolly for ?43 on the net!
JRC stealth for ?100, and domes for ?80ish.
You'll have loads of change from ?200 mate!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
back page of this weeks anglers mail---
jrc cocoon dome, spec intro price ?79.99
jrc cocoon extreme dome, spec intro price ?99.99
jrc two man continental geodisc bivvy mk3,spec intro price ?109.99
all from bennetts of sheffield....

this weeks angling times---shakespeare cypry XL 1 man dome,?59.99
shakespeare XL 2 man dome,?69.99

B

Big Rik

for those that read the post incorrectly, he wants a shelter for 2 people, costing under ?100.

and my opinion, for what it's worth, is for that money you'll get one that will take 30 mins to set up, will be a nightmare in the wind and will take two of you to erect.

There is no such thing as cheap and good, despite what people tell you.
If a product is cheap, then it's either of inferior quality/design, or it's stolen.

(cue tight arsed northerners telling everone that Okumas are as good as Shimano...... yawn...)

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of the Chub Cyclone EZ Shelter. I've seen it on their website and it looks the b......ks, you can put up/take down in seconds and I am very interested in one but would welcome comments from those that have used one themselves.

Dan.