Room 101

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Bully,

That would be me!

I have no objection to people taking their cell phone with them to the bank-side, but why the hell can they not turn them off, and turn them back on when the "need" to make call.

Note the big difference between "need" and 'want'

One of the main reasons I go fishing is to get away from phones, but I do understand the potential problem with youngsters fishing on their own.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Peter, thats OK but how can I pretend I'm relly working if I have my phone turned off?

P

Paul Christie 3

Nomination for room 101 - Americanisms

Cell phone?

Don't we call them Mobiles over here?

Seriously though, there are simply ways in which a phone could be used sparingly, without annoying others. I take mine in case of emergencies. I switch it on vibrate - and never make or take unnecessary calls.

Rob Lewis

Reaction score
Canoes, dinghys, rowboats. On a ship canal I have fished there is a rowing club and it turns into the aquatic equivalent of silverstone when they all turn out. I wouldnt mind but their oars are so long that they take up virtually the whole width of the canal even though its very wide. As they have their backs to you rowing like demons you have to get your tackle out of the way fairly sharpish or loose it.

Rob Lewis

Reaction score
Can I nominate large waterfowl as well? Ducks are nto so bad, but why is it that canadian geese and swans always decide to crash into my swim and proceed to start their own private wars?

Milo

Reaction score
Clueless narrowboat holidaymakers who excel in wrecking swims, leaving the lock gates open when they should be closed, or closed when they should be open, and them that shout, "Fishing's boring! Sat there all day doing nothing".

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Southern Woofters (called Wol)

Conservatory/double glazing salesmen (called Wol)

Milo

Reaction score
I'll throw my hooktying tool thingy in 101 and spade-end hooks, as I still can't figure 'em out!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

i think a trip to the FM Gallery 'most voted pictures' says who really is THE tit!

is room 101 big enough to fit ed's glasses?

Crayfish

moley

Reaction score
fishery owners giving bs about the size of fish and or the amount of fish in thier lake

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
"Baby On Board" car rear-window stickers. Naff beyond belief - as are the related, "Small Person On Board", "Tiny Person On Board" and....I can barely bring myself to write it, "Gandchild On Board".

Would be OK if the stickers were only in place when there WAS actually a child on board, but these crass individuals leave them in place all the time.

Police should have power to undertake roadside spot-checks, and anyone displaying one of the aforementioned stickers who didn't have a child in the car, should have their car impounded and crushed.

S

sash

Any car sticker. Apart from PAC membership ones perhaps....

"My other car's a Ferrari" - well get in it then and get that heap of rusty shite out of my way!!

Nodding dogs, Garfields and other stuffed toys on the back shelf or stuck to the windows. The owners should be similarly stuffed and displayed.

Having Demon or Pioneer or similar rubbish written across the windscreen - if I wanted to know what stereo was in your XR3i I'd have asked!

D

Deecy

The annual March spend up by Councils.Road works everywhere ,they need to spend our money they have so prudently not spent in the past 11 months.

F

Frothey

"Having Demon or Pioneer or similar rubbish written across the windscreen - if I wanted to know what stereo was in your XR3i I'd have asked!"

but normally thats the only thing they've got with pioneer written on it....