Barbel society meeting

S

swordsy

The last one i went to was done by Bob Roberts and was very good indeed.....but i am not too sure how the carbelling will go down with the purists ;o)

T

Terry Comerford

I can't go, I've lost two stones since Christmas and my ankle length Barbour coat and moleskin trousers, don't fit me. :)

S

si

i will be going .if its anything like bobs last talk it will be well worth the effort to get down there

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
swordsy,is the barbel society worth joining???
i live in northants...do they have a club section down my way???
i`ve never fished for barbel intentionaly and must admit i`d like to know a bit more about them and techniques and location etc...
i`m also hoping to attend your barbel fish in on the trent.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Nick, I'm a BS member and I reckon it's worth joining.

Keep an eye out on the BS or BFW websites for the next event. Go along and see if it's for you.

My preconceptions of the BS were all wrong. Many of them use Carbelling gear, most are just 'normal' and even the floppy hatters are fairly normal. They might not look it at first though!

I'll be at the Wetherby meeting too. It would be good to meet a few FM members.

hugh middleton

Reaction score
Think you took a picture of my floppy hat Matt but have never claimed to be normal!
If Micks talk is as good as it was at Wetherby it will be a good night. Certainly I hope to be there.

Regards,
Hugh

S

swordsy

I am not actually a member at the moment, I was invited to one of their talks last year by Ashley Burton and Tony Peet and really enjoyed it, this time I was planning on joining whilst I was there but I have just realised I have to be at the Hallamshire hozzie at 10am the next morning so unless I can get mi father to drive rather than go on the train and stay overnight at my mother in laws then I will not be going :O(

b**tard kidney stones!

I hope its a very thin camera the doctors are planning on using :O(

M

matt thomas

swordsy,i live in north notts and wouldnt mind going but i will be driving anyway and wouldnt probably go on my own so if you want a lift then email me ,i have just looked on your profile and south yorkshires not that far from me so let me know
cheers matt

MarT

Reaction score
Swordsy, as Billy Connoly says...'No way am I gonna have a camera crew crawling up there'
Chin up :eek:)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Lee
Just watch out for the doctors' hands on your shoulders as the 'camera' goes up .....

S

swordsy

Matt that is a very, very kind offer but I live in sheffield and would not wish to put on you but I would encourage you to go, it is well worth the effort.

Many thanks

Lee

M

matt thomas

ok swordsy its your call,the offers there if you want it,i'll charge the petrol to my company anyway!!

Steve Pope 2

Reaction score
Good to see a number of you are thinking of joining the Barbel Society, hope you decide to join up, membership year starts from June 16th so nows the time!

S

swordsy

matt tried to e-mail you but it wouldnt send for some reason, The missus has decided to run me down to Nottingham so if you or anyone else are going and you fancy a beer drop me an e-mail

Lee