Two Records Broken?

J

jason fisher

it's definitely bigger than a 20. the body looks solid and it's very deep. but it doesn't look long enough to me.

B

Big Rik

Wol and his Weighmores......

That pike is certainly 30+, but it doesn't look anywhere near a big 40.

J

jason fisher

They couldn't have been wols scales they'd have said 18lb.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lol......luv it

Mine just read 17lb all the way around.....cant help that can i

Got some new ones on order from Avons.......tweaked version............loverly jubbly.

L

Les Clark

I would say 32lb top weight , but looking at Gary`s ,that looked a lot larger ,who can tell from a photo .

J

jason fisher

that's the problem, gary's looked much bigger than the 23 in the same article but it was lighter. The one in the record photo is a similar size to a stuffed 35 that i've seen.

J

jason fisher

no one has answered my question yet any way does it count as a british record being caught in ireland, even in the name we are refered to as great britain and northern ireland, so to me it isn't a british fish, it's irish. but do the BRFC include northern irish fish in the records?

J

jason fisher

if anyone wants to see a couple of absolutely enormous bream and are around didcot in oxfordshire, go to the fleur de lys just down the road, there are a few very nice mounted fish in there, and it does nice meals too!

Joskin

Reaction score
It will count as a British record even though it was caught in Northern Ireland.
Southern Ireland have there own seperate Ireland Specimen fish committee.

Jason isnt the Fleur de lys pub where they have mounted that 20lb+ Bream that came from Farmoor.

G

Gary Knowles 2

"Got some new ones on order from Avons.......tweaked version............loverly jubbly"

Tell us more gayboy...

W

Wolfman Woody

Unless that guy is twice the size of Jason making the fish look small I wouldn't like to say it was over 40lb and I've seen a 36lb fish. (wish I'd caught it!)

A few years ago a friend, Steve Cox, was fly fishing Farmoor and hooked into a monster bream. An old and very excited man came up the bank and offered to help land the fish. Unfortunately excitement got the better of the old man and during an attempt to net it he touched the side of the fish and it got off.

The old man said that from his experience the bream was well over 20lb and he never forgave himself for ruining what would have been a British record. His name? - Peter Stone.

J

jason fisher

yes josking that's one of the 2 huge ones in there, down by the dart board at the end of the bar.
there's a 30 odd lb pike and perch over 4 too, the place is full of stuffed fish.

then again the landlord is as potty about angling as us lot.

marsh pratley

Reaction score
If the pike were to be authenticated at the weight claimed and subject to the correct paperwork being in place, then it would count as a British Record since Northern Ireland is a part of Great Britain.