Spodding Particles

P

Phil Hackett 2

If there are male tench averaging 3-4 lb does that give any indication on what the females might go to? Does anybody know?

Baz
What I write is based on over 25 years observations on the meres, which are in the same area as ?the water? your fishing.

What I and others have found is that the females tend to be 2 & 4 lb heavier than the males.
When carrying spawn this may increase by another couple of lbs.

Examples of this is a PA mere I first started fishing for tench, the females in normal condition, av. 5 ? to 6 ? the males were always around 3 ? - 4 ?
Another mere close to this, the females went into double figures and I think the best male off it went to just under 8 lbs. If Ed reads this he should be able to confirm its weight as he had it, if my memory serves me right?
The pattern on all the other meres followed these examples.

Whether the national trend follows this convention or not I can?t say, as I only ever targeted the mere for tench.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Those figures fit in precicely with what I have been told Phil.
From a couple of lads that have fished the water for some years, they say the biggest they know of are around 6-7 lb.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Phil,
A certain person sent this report in about me for the fishing reports.

Bailiff Barry Fleming took time off from loking after other anglers interests last week and caught ten tench to 5 lb and a 2.5 bream on his 'secret' maggot flavour.

Secret maggot flavour me arse. I told that to a certain person with tattoos up his arms, and he believed it. Heheheeeee.