Our country needs rain

G

Geoff Cowen

It's never stopped pissing down or snowing in the North East all winter, I could grow rice in my back garden it's that wet. It pisses me off all these doom merchant going on about global warming I wish it would come to Teesside, it raining like hell and freezing cold at this very moment in time! Fishing cancelled for another weekend. Ba***rd!

W

Wolfman Woody

"My Zulu rain dance is working. It's raining in Rotherham."

Your Zulu Gods must have misheard you Ron, but thought "What the heck." As well as Rotherham, according to Peter it's raining around Rotterdam too.

A

Ashe Hurst

Zulu rain dance has worked in crayford too. pissing down all afternoon, Yay!still going now, constant. shall see whats instore when out on the river in the morning. Gl;ad to here the Wandle is looking good, must pay another visit, and fish it next time.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

"Mba Mba Nka Nka,
Manzi Manzi Thlwothethwayo,
Nga Wumpa,
Sikelele i Afrika"

Shall I go one?

A

Ashe Hurst

Ok film Zulu, listen to the Chanting as they prepare to charge down on Rourks Drift.

now watch Gladiator at the begining, lisen to the germanic barbarians.

Same As.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ashe, I noticed that as well mate.

Ron,
it han't stopped raining since you put this thread on. (where's me bamboo spikes)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
At last! It's raining!
They've been threatening hose-pipe bans in Bristol and it's only April!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I've just had a phone call.

It's pissing it down in Joburg at the moment.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Keep dancing Ron its having a positive effect darn south

L

Les Clark

Loads of rain down here in the south east and unlike Baz,I don`t mind if I can`t cut the grass .

B

Bully

Actually you could argue that we do not actually NEED rain.

What we need is an efficient collection and transmission system. I think the average transmission rate is still something like a 25% loss. And we still suffer from the old days of the various regions not being able to agree internal rates for transferring water, which is now probably compounded by privatisation.

Collectively we get more than enough rain in the UK. We can transmit if we wanted to, its just that the infrastructure is not there, and it doesn't make the companies extra money or increase share value, to put in place.

A

Ashe Hurst

River lower than last summer already. Then some rain and its Charging through up several feet. Next day its a trickle. This happens every time it rains. Still informed its not over abstraction. So why is it dropping so fast and levels not retained for longer? The Sluice from Fresh to Tidal isnt Auto & i havnt seen it opened (in daylight). We have several Large Pumping Stations.

Im worried that if i take any more Crap and Heavy debri out the river, levels will fall even more.

A

Ashe Hurst

Knew it.

Filled two bags of Crap and River ran dry.

Thank god it was only a bad dream.

Spent the evening Chilling out, sitting on a fallen willow, next to houses and industrial units, surrounded by Bright Gree vegies, Watching a Great Tit searching out grubs in the steel pilling, a robin watching me, anmd Chub topping taking flys and a Grass snake sliding along the reeds.

Nice!