So What Scares You?

L

Les Clark

Graham is right but on the other hand you can get into a ruck walking down the road in daylight just have to be carefull where you fish and keep well away from Ron with his zulu spear and crossbow (a right nutter )lol .

S

swordsy

In my pathetic latin means "sieze the day and go for the throat".

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Steve,
it was a rare incident, we just got to get on with it and enjoy what we love doing.
It's always best to fish in pairs, you could simply fall and break a leg, then your stuffed!
Anyway I'm fine now, no serious brain damage, I think!
I'll leave that up to you lot to decide, haha

L

Laurie Harper

Ron - This is meant to be the gentle art. A bit OTT to talk of "killing smack-heads". We call know you're a big, tough hombre. You don't have to keep proving it...

N

NottmDon

Interesting bout smack heads and hammer attacks, no probs as such this neck of the woods but its a fair walk to the pegs I fish as a rule. Although one clampit did bury a needle point up in a swim I fished, I removed it and later in the session tripped and fell right were it had been so lucky I saw the dam thing. Confession time, I really had forgot this but I hate hooking lobs, I must have dropped more than Ive hooked over the years and yet I can collect em with no probs. Its just when you hook em and they kinda contract it sends shivers down my spine, makes my skin crawl and I just cant hook em without wearing a glove, now is that daft or what?
Steve Hall I'll take you for a night session with me and my minder (my son Deano) hes a customs officer, ex police and a body builder and he aint comfy with the dark either lol! One day next season if you want to face your phobia just say so mate but there is no way on Gods earth that I am gonna hold hands rofl!!!! One hairy night session was when I was walking across a field and I could hear this snorting and what sounded like thunder, if youve never been chased by a bull whilst carrying a sh1t load of specitackle youve never lived!

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Cheers Don, ill take you up on that offer next season, i bet coops will come too, that would be good, mob handed!!!
safety in numbers i say!!
i can relate to your phobia with worms Don, im the same!!
hold on a minute im confessing to too much now, scared of dark! dont like hooking lobs! pull yourself together steve!

C

Clive Evans 1

Jason, talking of overnighters, will the Mrs be hanging you in the wardrobe by your new earring?

S

swordsy

Alright Clive,
must admit to enjoying a bit of Pratchet, I think he is a very good writer indeed. My favourites are the ones from Ankh Morpork with Rincewind the wizard DEATH and the multi legged chest. I have read about a dozen of his titles, He can fade a bit though in the later parts of the book, not as badly as Steven King though, he can tie himself in knots and twists and end up ruining a good story with crappy sub-plots and ludicrous writing. Comes across to me like forced writing, going off like a conveyer belt, churning out best sellers from a bulk mix.

Are you drinking tonight?

I am on the "frog" :O)

C

Clive Evans 1

Hi Lee, not working then.
I've been nipping at the Rum tonight (Woods) and everything is nicely rosy.

I'm with you on Kings Knovels, very mixed, some good, but not a good finisher.
Not likely to scare me on an overnighter.

Not that I've done one for about three years anyway.

S

swordsy

No stock taking day :O( finished early :O)

Did a Thai buffet for their NY celebrations last night and forgot to send out a couple of boxes of longons so I took them to the local bath house for the girls to enjoy. Luckily for me the girls were about to eat so they invited me to join them. Amazing foods, I had an almost raw cold calves liver salad which was superb BUT ridiculouly spicey mussels with nam pric a little bass a selection of exotic fruits bannana flower salad and this was washed down with a baby coconut chilled to almost freezing opened with a machete with a straw suck in the hole. Fantastic experience, really great!

S

swordsy

But they scare me shittless, all very nice girls but I felt like a very small chicken surrounded by very hungry foxes.

C

Clive Evans 1

And here's me never knew coconuts had babies!
Very sheltered life I've led.

Time for bed said Zebedee.

J

jason fisher

i came very close to a pierced nose clive, it was only by drastic evasive action that i didn't.

Pratchetts novels are modern classics, they're the only humour which has had me in pain because i've laughed so much, they certainly knock that insufferable bore douglas adans with his hitch hikers guide to boredom for 6. Shame you can't get real errols as pets, they'd save on the rubbish.

L

Les Clark

Clive ,not a great rum drinker ,but woods ,smooth ,go`s down sweet untill the next morning !