Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    NottmDon Guest

On another thread someone mentioned that they were scared of fishing in the dark. Now not much scares me and fishing after dark is pure pleasure as far as I am concerned. I guess theres a few of you here that have things youre not comfortable with. Does it interfere with your fishing? I dont particularly like handling big eels myself but my real fear is of flying, I bloody hate it (no I dont flap my arms I am talking aeroplanes). I mean even the place were you wait for a flight is called a 'terminal' doesnt fill me with confidence lol. My fear maybe that I am relying on someone else to do the piloting of the plane not to mention the maintenance crews and the like. Doesnt interfere with my fishing though but does anyone have a phobia that might make them stay at home rather than fish?

I'd love to have a go at driving an aeroplane, so you'd be safe with me mate.
    I don't mind the dark, except when there is somebody who is standing close by and watching me without speaking.
    Too many smack heads hanging about in the area would be the only thing to keep me from fishing.

I would be scared of Jason in the dark, haha
    Sorry Jason

That's who I was taking about Steve,Jason just stands there watching you.

He seems like a nice guy, he knows his fishing, but it's the obsession with killing someone or something that scares me.

Snakes. Having spent quite a lot of time out the far east and seeing some of the very venomous snakes like cobras they really give me the willies.

When I was on CinC's staff in Singapore we lived in a place called Kranji Wireless station. To get to and from the living quarters to the canteen we had to walk along a very narrow path and across a football pitch a distance of about 300 yards.

Not too bad in daylight because you could see any snakes that were about but at night it was the things nightmares are made of. There was no lighting whatsoever and in the two years I was there I was never very comfortable with that walk, the only thing that helped was a few pints of Tiger beer.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Jason has not got his computer fixed up yet Steve, so we can give him a good slagging off if you like.

Les Clark Guest

Being in the plane that Baz is flying would scare the **** out of me .

No way Mate!
    He'll get me when he's back

The one thing that frightens me is the thought that Jason will think it was me who suggested to give him a good slagging off, when in reality it was Steve that put me up to it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast