Clattercote results!

L

Limestone

What we have to be careful about when choosing dates (and this has been discussed before) is that any later than mid-May and the fish might be spawning when we get there.

As to the location of the venue, Clattercote is, at least, reasonably central. It's 145 miles each way for me, but it is becoming a bit of a tradition, and something I know many of us look forward to and enjoy.

Just leaves me a bit knackered the day after...

F

Fred Bonney

About the same for me Dave,this year though,on the way home I stopped off in Hinckley for the Barbel Society conference and am still knackered today!
Having said that,I'm just back from 18 holes and a curry!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Determined to go back & get a bite next year so dont change IMHO.

W

Wolfman Woody

Everything's handy at Clattercote. Tesco for the meet and breakfast.

And that curry house has our Graham well sussed now. "No hot chillies please and can I have a glass of iced water in case?"

B

Bully

I think its a cracking venue, 180 miles round trip is fine for me (Kent).

As for dates, if we go on the current trend it will be mid December in a few years. Lets just face it, Keith is up there pulling all the strings 'cos we are not using poles !! No matter what the date he will ensure its rough (GBHS).

I am up for Barneys suggestion and would happily meet up the night before (and nick his fake maggots).....well done Gary.

The Hood

Reaction score
Graham

I have a suggestion for another venue that can accommodate more than 30 anglers. It's Furzton Lake in Miltoin Keynes, full of fish and even for all anglers. Predominant fish are Carp, Tench & Bream. It's owned by good old MKAA.

Just a thought, if you would like to come and fish it with me and Adrian one day?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Mike, I might just do that sometime. But I think, like me, the majority favour Clattercote. We know what we're getting there - cold, wet and a good breakfast and dinner.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
You can't change venues, I had a good old natter with Nigel Connor and Andy Nellist either side of me on Saturday and if we go somewhere where you catch lots of fish there wouldn't be time for a natter. Can't have that now can we?

F

Fred Bonney

Sounds all well and good The Hood, but would MKAA let us.
I think not!
Anyway what's with you wanting a change, so we can fish on your doorstep?
;0)

The Hood

Reaction score
Dear Fred, with my 13 month old twin baby girls and another baby due in a month or so, you can see why Furzton is favourable. MKAA always allow matches on this water, but as Graham says above you can't have a natter and you'd catch too many fish. If you look at the results on the MKAA web pages.

I enjoyed clattercote as it's not too far away from me either, and nice to see all the faces from fishing magic. All I caught was a 7lb 7oz carp, but what a fight that gave, would be nice to return next year to catch another one.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Discussing this with Nigel Connor 2 days ago, I realised that as an observer the tremendous skills of 4 anglers stood out a mile, and that how fortunate we are to have anglers of that calibre contributing to the site. All I can say is that if 3 of those had ever really taken up top flight matchfishing then they'd have been winners!