Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wolfman Woody Guest

Nice article Mark, as usual.

Interesting watching Mr Jacobs tackling up. Obvious to see his working for the oil industry becomes a benefit when rigging up his fishing platform, where's the helipad though, Peter?

Got no further than half way down on my first attempt reading it. I was suddenly overcome by a tremendous smell of rotting tench. Amazing site we have here. )

Congrats Gary - you deserve it!

ji1234 Guest

A great read, I enjoyed it all. Hoping to make it there next year if I am in good health.

Can somebody please email the details of the next match at Ellerdine.

Shrek Guest

How much tackle did Barney have to borrow this time?

Gary Knowles 2 Guest

I borrowed half a pint of maggots off Andy, and gave him back nearly all of them.

'cos I was using rubber maggots on the hook...

Thanks Woody...And Grumpy...

Shrek Guest

Fantastic. Wish I was coming to Ellerdine now !!!!

Glad a good time was had by all. Well done to Gary may his success continue on the Ribble in the coming season. I just hope i can make it next year.

Hope you all have a good day at Ellerdine

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

ji1234
    If you look in the game fishing section you will see the details for the fly fishing fish-in at Ellerdine

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Got carried away with talk of baggin this & baggin that & forgot that just like river fish if its been cold they dont want as much feed.

Gary Knowles 2 Guest

Nige,

I borrowed about half a pint of maggots off Andy and I reckon I gave him back 90% of them.

It was tempting to fill it in knowing that carp were the target but the cold wind and everyone on the lake apparently struggling when we arrived persuaded me to go softly, softly with the bait.

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Good on you Gary as I must have spent 30.00 on bloody bait half of which ended up in Graham Whatmores swim what with the wind.No wonder these Carp pools are popular with tackle dealers!

Easy to be wise after the event & a lesson learnt.

Anyway the main thing was that the day was good and I put some faces to names.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast