Pylons

C

Cakey

30 or 40 foot poles are still 160 foot short of the lines and if they sag 100 foot in the middle which they dont but if they do you are still 60 foot short

falls a bit short of the 10 inches needed to jump !

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Could be that the folks who have been zapped were under lower level and lower voltage lines... Benjamin Franklin, who showed that thunderclouds were electrically charged by flying a kite into one and getting a small jolt, got away with it. Some unfortunate Russian chappie heard of the experiment and thought it sounded like fun, had a go himself in the next storm and got very terminally fried. I'll stick to a short, glass rod if there are pylons about, thanks! (No sense of adventure).

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I used to like Monty Pylons Flying Circus .....

Maybe they have 200 foot poles down south .....

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Right well I can't make my mind up so I think the old fibre glass avon rod will come out, just to be on the safe side!

The only problem with this swim is that it's a flat rock stuck out from a sheer bank. So I'm thinking, how am I going to get a rod rest in?

Anyone lend me a portable pneumatic drill?

W

Wolfman Woody

A friend of mine used to have an Apollo Taperflash during the 60s and the first sound of a clap of thunder and he p****d off.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Anyone lend me a portable pneumatic drill?"

Just connect it to the overhead power line ........