Just goes to show.....

J

Jeremy Airey

Hello Chaps
First of all let me say 'good on you' to the guy for catching and releasing these 2 fish.
What the write-up accompanying the pictures does go to show is just how meaningless 'records' are. I mean what next - the record for the two heaviest 'mirrors' caught in a session by a guy with dyed blond hair and a beard.
Carp fishing is a technically skilled technique but whether a fish weighs 6 or 60 pounds is a matter of luck (or perhaps stocking as it may be in this case) and not a great feat of angling unless of course you do the 'visual' stalking thing.
Personally I'm only interested in beating one record and that is my own 'PB' for enjoying myself each and every time I go out, don't always do it but I always enjoy trying.
BTW this isn't in any way 'sour grapes' just a small reality check.
In the end we all get our 'jollies' in different ways.
regards
Jeremy

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

If you want big fish you have first of all to get on a water with big fish in it.

That's 90% of the battle.

Then you have to catch that big fish.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Catching fish is not all about setting the traps, there is an elemenst of skill in playing the fish too!

moving on....

Having just come back from France and having caught a brace of nice carp, I wanted to know what a brace actually meant?

Is it two fish caught on the same trip....as stated in the article? or two at one time?

if its any two fish per trip then ive caught many, if its playing one fish whilst the other tares off and both are landed then thats another thing all together?

Clarity please?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Stu, it's catching two big fish in the same session. There is obviously more merit in catching a brace in a day/night session than one that lasts a week or more:0)