My Last Post Until ......

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
It is with great regret that i have to inform everyone that this will be my Last Post on Fishing Magic whilst the current Editors continue to influence how the site is run.

I am sure to some this will be great news , to me this is written with a heavy heart as Fishing Magic was the only Fishing Site and Forum that i ever used as it was just that good i never saw a reason to leave it before now.

Please let it be known that if the current Editors stand down from there positions that i would return without a moments hesitation.

For just now i would like to say a Farewell to everyone who has contributed to the site over the years and has put up with me.

Tight Lines to you all.

Steph.

richiekelly

Reaction score
sv i am sorry to see you leave the site as i am all the others that are leaving it will make the site poorer for the abcence of you all,

i havent been on the site much just lately as my dad has been very ill and is still in hospital,what has been happening for members to take such drastic action?

i have noticed that the site seems to have become less friendly over the last few months but perhaps that was just the way i was interpreting some things.

is it to do with posts that have been moved and cannot be read?

has it got that bad that people are afraid to answer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Steph,

It was great to meet you at Boundary for the Marsbar Farewell; you're the only person I've ever met who can compete with Lunghi Jim in the angling accidents world.

You off-beat input will be greatly missed on FM mate; I hope you reconsider.
:(

A

alan whittington

This is totally absurd,how can the site continue with the obvious unrest.
THE SITE MUST MAKE A STATEMENT AS TO THE PROBLEMS WITHIN IT.:mad:
Good luck SV,i shall miss the Scottish football sarcasm,in particular.

Reaction score
Stealph

I thought you already left after you posted this:

"At a Loss
Sorry Guys & Gals, but i have to get this off my chest, that way i can't be mis quoted.

I am no longer getting any joy out of visiting FishingMagic.

Now before anyone pipes up with the Geoff and Jeff thingy all over again, it isn't down to them personally <i don't know then personally> is it because they are now running the sight ? I honestly couldn't say.

What i can definately say is that i have tried to contribute some what to the site, ok a lot of it has been Banter and gibberish, some of it has been educational and a lot of it has been total Bo11ox, never the less that is what helps to make up a Forum in some respects.

I am fed up with the Whining and Bickering and the in house jostling for Positions, I like quite a few of the Memebrs and find them Helpful and funny and likeable. On the other hand there are several i genuinely dislike and could quite happily use them as shark bait and feed the left overs to the Cormorants and Otters ............ naughty of me i know.

I guess what i wanted from Fishing Magic when i first joined has now been achieved and i can honestly say Majorly Surpassed.
I can't give back as much as others on here so i see little point in me going over what they have already covered.
I don't want to nor am i any good at writing Stories, i'll leave that for those than Can and do enjoy it.

I guess that leaves me with nothing more to say other than -: A great big thank you and admiration for everyone who made me feel welcome and taught me stuff along the way, thank you for your patience and understanding.
For those of you that didn't make me feel so welcome, that is your loss and you can kiss my fat candy ar5e V

See you all again some time soon i hope, until then, Tight Lines, Take Care and Stay Safe. :D "

Perhaps you didn' leave and were lurking like some of th others that claim to have left.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Lurkers they may be, coming back, they are not. Most just log on to get Pm's and thats it.

SV, see you soon mate...........:D

A

alan whittington

I thought the same Matt

Ray even if they log on to get their pm they add to the traffic numbers
Traffic numbers,ha,ha,if everybody looks in and 10 are posting,what will the figures be then,it seems that members worries and concerns are irrelevant,only the poxy figures and the farce staggers ever downward.Im sorry Paul but without solid input to FM,things dont look too rosy,we could all try and chat to a lurker.:D

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Stealph

I thought you already left after you posted this:

"At a Loss
Sorry Guys & Gals, but i have to get this off my chest, that way i can't be mis quoted.

I am no longer getting any joy out of visiting FishingMagic.

Now before anyone pipes up with the Geoff and Jeff thingy all over again, it isn't down to them personally <i don't know then personally> is it because they are now running the sight ? I honestly couldn't say.

What i can definately say is that i have tried to contribute some what to the site, ok a lot of it has been Banter and gibberish, some of it has been educational and a lot of it has been total Bo11ox, never the less that is what helps to make up a Forum in some respects.

I am fed up with the Whining and Bickering and the in house jostling for Positions, I like quite a few of the Memebrs and find them Helpful and funny and likeable. On the other hand there are several i genuinely dislike and could quite happily use them as shark bait and feed the left overs to the Cormorants and Otters ............ naughty of me i know.

I guess what i wanted from Fishing Magic when i first joined has now been achieved and i can honestly say Majorly Surpassed.
I can't give back as much as others on here so i see little point in me going over what they have already covered.
I don't want to nor am i any good at writing Stories, i'll leave that for those than Can and do enjoy it.

I guess that leaves me with nothing more to say other than -: A great big thank you and admiration for everyone who made me feel welcome and taught me stuff along the way, thank you for your patience and understanding.
For those of you that didn't make me feel so welcome, that is your loss and you can kiss my fat candy ar5e V

See you all again some time soon i hope, until then, Tight Lines, Take Care and Stay Safe. :D "

Perhaps you didn' leave and were lurking like some of th others that claim to have left.
And your point is Matt? are you saying he shouldn't post again? are you now taking the position of unofficial nar, nar, na na nar but you said officer? you're doing well helping to ease the recent tensions..... well done.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
M'Lud,

Your right about the lurkers and traffic, but IMO those numbers shouldn't be used as they are not putting anything into the site.

If the lurkers numbers are being used so the site looks very busy, then that is wrong, take away those numbers and what is left ???

I am not saying FM is using those numbers to make the site look busy, as i don't know how, or why they use the numbers in the first place

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I am not saying FM is using those numbers to make the site look busy, as i don't know how, or why they use the numbers in the first place

Not only may the site traffic include "Lurkers", particularly relevant on a free, public site such as this, but there are so many automatic "bots" in use by Search Engines and the like, those numbers can be misleading.

But they are vital for a sites commercial existence. They are the life blood of Internet advertisers, commissioners and salesmen throughout the web world. Similar to TV ratings, magazine subscriptions, vox pop polls, it's all about selling space.

As far as I'm concerned, those stats are clearly vital in their own arena but should not be confused with the life blood of the site itself and it's members. It's up to that collective to make the site "tick", that in turn will increase the "hits", which will in turn increase the participation.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thats the way to make money, lurkers then build up the site and add to the numbers, which in turn make the site look busy. makes sense

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Traffic numbers,ha,ha,if everybody looks in and 10 are posting,what will the figures be then,it seems that members worries and concerns are irrelevant,only the poxy figures and the farce staggers ever downward.Im sorry Paul but without solid input to FM,things dont look too rosy,we could all try and chat to a lurker.:D

That's what I was trying to point out lurkers who have said they have left add to the figures so muddying the water

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
And your point is Matt? are you saying he shouldn't post again? are you now taking the position of unofficial nar, nar, na na nar but you said officer? you're doing well helping to ease the recent tensions..... well done.

Rodney, I think Matt was saying Stealth had left once and wasn't coming back. Now he's leaving again!
It wasn't hard to understand.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Rodney, I think Matt was saying Stealth had left once and wasn't coming back. Now he's leaving again!
It wasn't hard to understand.
Thank you so much Nick, I'm so indebted to you for clarifying that for me..... since it wasn't that hard to understand can you use your considerable intelligence and superior intellect to show me exactly where in the quoted text Steph said he was leaving? as incompetent ickle me can only see that he was going to refrain from posting till something changed...... but then I only read what he actually posted with my view unobstructed, maybe if I shoved my nose up someone's arse I'd see something different too?

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
Thank you so much Nick, I'm so indebted to you for clarifying that for me..... since it wasn't that hard to understand can you use your considerable intelligence and superior intellect to show me exactly where in the quoted text Steph said he was leaving? as incompetent ickle me can only see that he was going to refrain from posting till something changed...... but then I only read what he actually posted with my view unobstructed, maybe if I shoved my nose up someone's arse I'd see something different too?

What does it look like up sv's arse?

Last edited:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
What does it look like up sv's arse?
Wouldn't know Nick, but as he's not here to defend himself I'm prepared to step up.

Still don't see your superior intellect in deciphering the text either? once again talking about something you know nothing about, strange how most of your posts have been bitching about people who aren't here to answer you isn't it?

Paul Morley

Reaction score
All getting a bit grim on this thread - refer to Bluenose thread regarding our attitudes to each other, let alone the editors and Mods. This (above) isn't much of an advert for the site to newcomers, when recently there has been great stuff from new contributors eg Rufus and fresh, lively articles from such as ****y Fisk...

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
That may be so Paul, but people like Nick shouldn't be able to post whatever they want without their motives being questioned. Just because he's decided to ingratiate himself with what he sees as the winning side (hence his incessant sniping at people regarding things he knows nothing about knowing they won't retaliate.)