Midland Angler

R

Ron Clay

What memories. The first article I ever had published was in the Midland Angler ca 1962, entitled "Come North for Yorkshire Barbel". I will definitely send for a subscription if I can't get it locally.

P

Paul Williams

Ron,
If you write an article......don't spend the money before you get it, wonder how DH is nowadays?

K

Kevan Farmer

The comic sounded good until I read that dreaded bit.........carp section........DOH! No, I'm not anti carp, just sick of the pedestal they are on mind you they are having to move over for barbel. Now, let me just put my wooden spoon back down..... :)))

R

Ron Clay

Any mag is only as good as the people who contribute. Gareth Purnell is not a bad editor. I hope he encompasses all types of angling - even fly fishing. The Midlands is home to some of the most famous reservoirs.

R

Ron Clay

I agree with you about the "Carp" section UGGGH!!!

Will it be the usual boring page covering boilies, rigs and photos showing obese carp held by equally obese angers.

The best anglers of course are never featured. You have to have a gimmick like a bright red jacket.

G

Gary Knowles

Paul.........sorry, I don't understand what yoiu mean. I'm not from the midlands.

(bait positioned)

P

Paul Williams

:p :D ;).......Welcome back "Stir" hope your hols went well.