Paul Williams and Peg Leg

S

Stewart Bloor

Did you know that one of the Temptations, Paul Williams, was born in Birmingham (Alabama)and his early choreography mentor was known by the nick name Peg Leg?

Strange, but true.....

R

Ron Clay

But I thought that Paul was a Black Country man like Des Taylor. They don't like the Brummies in the Black Country.

S

Stewart Bloor

You're right Ron, we don't like Brummie in the Black Country, but he insists on staying.

Anyway, Paul's bit of Gornal last night declared independence. It's now known as the Marxist Republic of Ruiton. Ron, I heard they were going to invite you to become the new President, being as you both have similiar political views...

R

Ron Clay

Me a Marxist?

For your information I am a stinking rank Tory.

So rank that I stink!!

D

Dave Silvers

Ron, now I know you are kidding, there no such animal as a South Yorkshire Tory.

P

Paul Williams

Pegleg, looks like we have been rumbled!! mind you who would believe anyone flashes one of those "aids" on a fishing site.....and him being in a missionary postion too!!!
Paul from Ruiton..Home of my BLACKCOUNTRY forefathers!!!!!!!

G

Goose Ganderton

I 've been working and lurking, done my back in sherking. Nice to see you missed me Brummie, also nice to see lots of new faces around here. Tell me Paul, is that what I think it is that Sedge is holding in his new picture.
I just wouldn't have the nerve to ask for one in the shop.

P

Paul Williams

It could be one of his dog collars that shrunk in the wash i suppose......but i think you were right first time!

M

Malcolm Bason

"Pegleg, looks like we have been rumbled!!" Yep, I reckon you are right Paul - our secrets out. Hey talking of 'missionary position' someone told me once how that term came about ;-) but I can't remember - perhaps Sedge would enlighten us?????

R

Ron Clay

South Yorshire Tory. What about Willy Haig from Rotherham?

C

Chris Bishop

I couldn't work out what was in the picture either. Looks like a zander that's swallowed a tin of lager.

D

Dave Silvers

South Yorshire Tory. What about Willy Haig from Rotherham?...........

I was was talking about real people Ron. Not politicians. We all know they will attach their colours to any mast to forward their own ambitions.
(Dennis Skinner excluded, someone at Westminster should have some morals).

How long will it be before the pro-fishing MPs change over to anti-angling if it starts to look like a vote looser.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Pegleg - Nice to see you finally caught a fish and can do away with that whistle and tie picture. You must be really pleased after all these years of trying.

M

Malcolm Bason

Hiya Dave or is it Dai - sorry!

It was being accused of looking too much like someone else that did it. LOL

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
You look like someone else in the new picture - a proper angler! Can't be right. LOL!

S

Stewart Bloor

Some more useless trivia in the strange but true category.

Did you know that the word 'Graham' is very similiar to one spoken by the Umbagunda tribe in Central Africa? In the Umbagundan tongue it means 'tight'

They also have a word that sounds remarkably like 'Marsden. In fact this word is roughly translated as 'one'.

So, in effect, when a Umbagundan says Graham Marsden, he's actually saying 'tight one'.

OK, I made that one up.....

D

Dave Johnson

Sedge, you been on the vino again?

dont give up ya day job mate....LOL