Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: licence fees

the country most deff needs to keep a record of guns, hence the licence. though i can't recall of a bank robbery with a maver pole! The licence is, again, to say you are safe and pass requirements.

While not licences many other Sports/hobbies require you to have membership to a national body, which then looks after the bigger picture on local and national fronts, yet you still have to pay to participate.

the EA performs a similar function but essentially with nature. I'm sure the AT announced that the EA was to stock over a million fish this year, plus their water control measures etc. etc.

I personally think that the licence fee should be increased not by a small amount but maybe doubled, and all kids should have a licence though at a nominal amount couple of quid maybe. However then the EA would certainly need to police the licence dodgers.

Cakey Guest

OUR LICENCES WOULD BE CHEAPER IF IT WASNT FOR THE DODGERS !!

The EA sell about 1 million licences a year.... 4 million anglers? still think that doubling the licence fee would put off the dickheads though.

Had my licence checked once in 21 years of having to have one! I don't fish commercials though. now thats something that should be banned.

who looks after the free stretches of rivers?

So Dave, you want to double the licence, thereby penalising all the licence payers for those that dont buy it? Jees, thats worse than havng the licence in the first place..

Jonny - i am in favour of paying for the upkeep of free rivers - i dont agree with havingto pay for a licence and then for a day ticket too.

"So Dave, you want to double the licence, thereby penalising all the licence payers for those that dont buy it? Jees, thats worse than havng the licence in the first place.."

Yes Darren, I actually belive that the EA do a good job, the thing that annoys me is those that don't pay, and the fact that the EA doesn't police this effectively.

Just because you like to fish puddles shouldn't put you above this.

I'd go further and suggest that I'd also ask those who are in control of fisheries to check licences before allowing people to fish and fine the owners if anyone is found to be fishing without a licence.

I'm sure that I read somewhere many years ago that in certain states in America that you have to have your licence on display, having it in your pocket isn't acceptable. no I only have vague memory of this so can't back it up but it sounds like a good idea to me.

paul williams 2 Guest

Darren.....many other hobbies/pastimes entail you having to spend money to participate.......shooting, martial arts,flying, skydiving,radioham.....the list is huge........like Malc i remember the days when we had to buy a wallet full of licences and think it's great we can now buy one and fish any area.

I may not always agree the EA do the job i think is needed but i do believe we need them........in fact i think we should take some kind of test before our licences are issued!

I'm sure that I read somewhere many years ago that in certain states in America that you have to have your licence on display, having it in your pocket isn't acceptable.

this is true, florida being one of the states i think.

Hi everyone i never thought id spark off such a lot when i posted this thread last year. let me start by saying that im not against paying for my licence fee i was just upset that the powers that be decided to change the rules without any thoughts of asking the fihing community their thoughts on the subject.
    since last year I have found out why i can no longer get my concessional licence. it is because i am classed as dissabled but i only get incapacity benefits not dissability or dla as it is better known so i am not entitled to a blue badge.
    unfortunatley i suffer from spondulosis in its most nasty form bit like arthritis but ten times worse. and as on a good day i can walk so many yards and can dress myself i am not entitled to the dla never mind i will still pay my fees and carry on fishing.
    but wouldn't it be nice if they changed it so anyone who was on benefit's got a concessional licence we may find more parents who are on the dole paying for their son or daughters fee's and we may find more people interested in fishing.
    From past experience when taking my sons with me many of their friends parents wont pay for a licence and day ticket and say they think it is a waste. blind fools i say. never the less thank you all for your comments and replies hope i didnt cause to much of a stir yours marcel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast