licence fees

Dave Smith

Reaction score
"Fair answer Chris ,but what about the unemployed ,they also live on benefits but still have to pay the full licence fee ,maybe they are classed as scroungers and should`nt have hobby`s ,becouse they should be looking for work 7 days a week ?"

Yes Les they should, I totally agree that OAP's and disabled should only have to pay a token amount for for those who are unemployed they should pay the full amount. And yes I've had the miss-fortune to be there. I was sending out my CV to upwards of 50 companies/agencies daily, rest of of the time I was at interviews or on the telephone....

I've also been in the position of running my own business that was making a large loss for the first 6 months. my wife, three kids and I lived on ?40 a week. I wouldn't at that time claim and kind of support, mistake that took a long time to pay off. I still paid for my licence, didn't get to use it much as you will imagine.

Lifes a bitch but you've still got to pay for it.

B

Budgie Burgess

I have no problem at all with having to pay for a rod licence.I also have no problem with consessions.My problem however is how these consessions are awarded.The "Blue Badge" system in place now is ridiculous surely? I say this as IMO the reason behind giving consessions to people recieving Disability Benifit/Pensions etc isbecause of the reduced income these people have? On the other hand the Blue Badge is issued on the basis of mobility!

I recieve Disabled Living Allowance as my disability affects my ability to earn but I am mobile and do not need/not eligable for (or certainly hope Im not!) a Blue Badge.So I actually recieve less benifit/income than some one on the higher (badge eligable) rate, but must pay the full price!

I dont understand? What do you non scroungers think?

G

Grant Lever

each week i take a severly disabled mate fishing,pick him up,carry tackle,set him up,land his fish,take him home,unload gear.

his wheelchair has taken most of the paint off my car sill,i pay for day ticket,he doesn't get charged,maybe i should get reduced licence.?......

who we going to report pollution to?...the police. oh i forgot health and safety,they can't touch any dead animals( as in foxhunting ).

problems at "commerecials"are caused by overstocking,too much bait going in,stress,all inflicted in the name of profit...

problem on rivers caused by cormorants (latin for sea crow)they don't belong inland,they were protected in error when pigmy cormorants became endangered,because of language problems with euro m.p's they protected ALL cormorants.

nobody in angling has the balls to fight this....also synthetic female hormones used in contraceptive pill turning all fish "female"..this also impacts onto humans through drinking water,causing the average male sperm count to be reduced by 60% in the last 40 years.this has to some extent been overcome by allowing immigrants and asssylum seekers to flood in.in the vain hope that they will pay taxe's to take care of pensions.

i could go on but this is becoming politcal,and therefore not suitable for this site.

B

Budgie Burgess

I supose the question is still wether being on a reduced income through no fault of my own should I recieve a concession or not?

If not then Im ok with that long as it applies to everyone.

I dont ask for consessions but what does give me the hump is that they are given to some not others.