Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The end of the earth....
    Posts
    703

    Question Discontinued products......what would you want?

    A lot of the best bait and tackle has now sadly been discontinued by company's for various reasons. What old tackle and bait would you really love to get your hands on? It can be absolutely anything you like.
    As a follow on from this thread maybe people can get in contact with each other if they have something the other person wants or vice versa.

    I'll start the ball rolling -

    Richard Carter Centrepins
    Partridge Jack Hilton Carp Hooks (size 6 barbed)
    Pearle Tony Miles Barbel Rod
    Tony Fordham Barbel Rods
    Double T Products
    Century Pulse Barbel & Chub Rods
    Action Baits flavours
    SBS Baits Mature Cheddar EA
    Rod Hutchinson Products - Smelly Cheese, Garlic, Blue Cheese & Garlic, Spice and Savoury Appetite Stimulators.
    DT Baits - The Howler, Liquid Smoke, Supa Spice, Digest Aid
    John Baker - Meatball, Grilled Bacon, Muskspice

    Phew! Thinks that's about it (for now!). Can you tell I'm a chub & barbel fisherman?
    Last edited by bigchub; 12-11-2010 at 19:27.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'd also like to have another model or two of Richard Carters reels. I was using one of his reels (the only one of his that I have) an Aerial Gem recently and I do love that reel. I know Chris Lythe think's highly of Richards reels as he told me so several months back. I've heard a rumour that Richard might be starting off his pin manufactureing again in the near future, how much truth's in that I don't know but I very much hope he does.

    I think I'd like an origional drennan tench rod.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The end of the earth....
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I'd also like to have another model or two of Richard Carters reels. I was using one of his reels (the only one of his that I have) an Aerial Gem recently and I do love that reel. I know Chris Lythe think's highly of Richards reels as he told me so several months back. I've heard a rumour that Richard might be starting off his pin manufactureing again in the near future, how much truth's in that I don't know but I very much hope he does.

    I think I'd like an origional drennan tench rod.
    I have a black wide drum 4 1/2 inch Merlin by Richard Carter. I have to admit I use it for just about everything these days including ledgering for big barbel and chub. It was never meant to be a show piece and its my favorite centrepin by far. It just feels "right" if you know what I mean?

  4. Default

    shakespear carbon carp specialist 1.75 lb test
    it has a corrk sectioned handle and is around 11 ft .
    mine now has two repairs and I want another .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    metroland.....
    Posts
    7,523

    Default

    2 pints of maggots(red) and a pint of casters and a loaf of white sliced .
    will swap................

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigchub View Post
    It was never meant to be a show piece and its my favorite centrepin by far. It just feels "right" if you know what I mean?
    Yeaph, I know what you mean I have a small collection of pins and I like to swap them round and take out a different one on each trip. Actually all the pins I have in my collection at the moment feel just right when out fishing with them and I get pleasure/enjoyment out of using them all. I must addmitt though recently I do reach for one of my allcocks match aerials on most occassions which i've been coupling up with a 14 ft drennan im9 float rod....bliss to fish with !

  7. Default

    An oddball one for me an Efgeeco Packaseat!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The end of the earth....
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Roe View Post
    An oddball one for me an Efgeeco Packaseat!!
    Blimey! Even I had to google that one!

  9. #9

    Default

    So many on here talk about using pins, why is it that when im using mine on derwent at borrowash i never see any one else using one, i get funny looks,and the saying we dont see any one using those,or i dont know how to use one of those,,
    .i think lots of em are just kept in boxes for show

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The end of the earth....
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stikflote View Post
    So many on here talk about using pins, why is it that when im using mine on derwent at borrowash i never see any one else using one, i get funny looks,and the saying we dont see any one using those,or i dont know how to use one of those,,
    .i think lots of em are just kept in boxes for show
    Anyone else get the usual comments (usually from kids)??

    "Is that a fly reel your using mate?"
    "What sort of reel is that mate?"
    "Your only supposed to float fish with that sort of reel!"
    "Where's the bail arm?"
    "How much do they cost?"


Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •