Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: magazines

Default magazines

Hello

I'm thinking of getting a subscription to one of the coarse fishing magazines. The problem is, that no shops in Denmark have them, so I have no idea which is best for me. I do have some old IYCF and they're pretty good except for alot of UK waters reviewed, which are totally irrelevant to me.

So could someone please tell the difference between: IYCF and Coarse Angling Today or recommend other titles.

cheers, Rasmus

I think you'll learn more from forums and websites mate.

I've had various subscriptions over the years including IYCF and I always cancel and end up selling them on. Most of the info. is geared round carp these days and as you've said, it's all venues you'll never use. The adverts also fill up too much space for my liking.

I've been using forums for over 10 years mate and barring a name-change, which explains my join date, I still come back to the same ones for good reason.

Ask other anglers and not some columnist/article writer who has a sponsorship deal to fulfil.

Blog Entries

But it's such a pain draggin' the PC into the bog....
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus Keis View Post
    So could someone please tell the difference between: IYCF and Coarse Angling Today or recommend other titles.
    Rasmus-- dont know about the two titles you mention as I havent bought them as I think they fail on several differant levels-- But-- if you want a pretty reasonable read that wont set you back loads of cash, tries to engage anglers of all abilities and persuasions then try the "Angling Star" that is ( I think) published by the Sheffield Newspapers - owned by Johnstone Publishing.

The week that I joined and have been using this forum - about two weeks ago - I had bought three fishing mags, and have still only flicked through them! Nuff said

Cheers, Nick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick dv View Post
    I had bought three fishing mags, and have still only flicked through them! Nuff said
    Nick, you must have paid close on to a tenner for the three? If I had spent all that I would have taken the print off by now and at a guess I reckon I would still be asking for a refund!!!

Default pretty conclusive

Ok - thanks. I guess people here are not very fond of these magazines. Maybe you're right - the money would be better spend on buying the missing books in my collection of Chris Yates (or maybe a subscription to Waterlog Magazine?!).

Rasmus

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    Nick, you must have paid close on to a tenner for the three? If I had spent all that I would have taken the print off by now and at a guess I reckon I would still be asking for a refund!!!
    You ain't wrong there!!! That's is exactly why this forum is so much better. Excellent information, instant answers, a good bunch of like minded 'sensible' people and no adverts!

Cheers, Nick

Quote Originally Posted by geoffmaynard View Post
    But it's such a pain draggin' the PC into the bog....
    Buy a laptop?

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

Coarse Angling Today, probably the best there is.
    If Carlsberg was to publish a fishing magazine...
    but as they don't you'll have to make do with Kev Clifford

Subscribe HERE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast