Rubbish!

Ian Na

Reaction score
From what I've read, on other forums, it's a total waste of time!

Ian Na

Reaction score
Only a few traders turn up, and most of the gears cheap rubbish!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

You are right Ian.

I once went to one of these sell offs and I was prepared to spend good money on some top quality gear.

This was in Doncaster and all they had was junk.

T

tom riordan

You are both right, and they have the cheek to charge you an entrance fee.

M

Mark Hodson

I've heard the same, always wondered what you would do if you had to take something back, you can't beat the local tackle shop or a good discount online retailer, maybe not as cheap but you get quality gear with no nasty surprises.

G

Ged

Been to two shows held at Chatsworth angling fair and one tacklemainia show. Got some fairly good stuff from the side stalls but prices are competetive, not cheep and they usually have shops that they mainly deal from. The rest, sold over a mic type system where they sell tackle from ?5.00 upwards, is cheep and nasty. Good for kids who want to dabble before getting into the serious stuff.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Your'e better off buying on line if you know what you after. These shows sell cheap carp!! and some charge you to get in (Shame on them).

M

madpiker

i went to the tacklemania show at bristol,my personal feelings are that a lot of the stuff on offer is cheap imitations of high quality brand names.
i did buy an aqualoop plugging rod from dragon though,it`s an excellent rod.they gave a rrp of ?80ish(although i`ve never seen them for sale anywhere else) and sold them for ?30.

M

madpiker

the best show that i have been to,was at the agricultural centre at stoneleigh.60lb reuben heatons at ?50,bargain!plus a pair of shimano big blue baitrunners ?65

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've been to two of these and I'm mad at myself for going to the last one as I should have known better.

I

Ian Cloke

A freind of mine bought a margin pole from one of these "shows", when he got it home 2 sections were broken! He has tried, without any luck, to get them replaced. They say that he should have checked it first, as once the pole left the show they were no longer responsible for it. Also as it was on offer they don't have to replace it!

J

jon helyer

I bough a rucksack from the stoneleigh one, ?30, it didn't last a season, stay well clear!