Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Comments....

Default No Comments....

I'm not implying that comments should be obligatory or anything but it does surprise me a bit, forever reading here on the forum about how great the articles are, some say even better than most mags provide.

Yet how few bother to leave a comment is staggering.

If I had any sort of inclination (which I don't) to write articles then it wouldn't last long as I'd feel that it either wasn't being read or no one enjoyed what they'd read.

I mean how long does it take to post a comment, of course if you don't like them don't bother but it seems a thankless task writing articles on here and we read them for free when all said and done.

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

CG, Not everyone reads/notices the current article/s.

The latest, Winter fishing for carp, and I only know because Ive just looked it up, does not in the slightest appeal to me so I probably wont read it.

Sorry
    Last edited by john m h; 26-12-2010 at 22:45.

cg74,
    All forums appear to be the same ,and i myself only read and comment on post or articles that interest me , carping in winter would not get a comment from me at all.

happy new year, keith

John, Keith I'm not suggesting that every article should or would be of interest to yourselves or anybody else.
    In fact often I read articles and get barely halfway through before I click off...

That said excluding site officials placing some sort of comment most articles will/do just pass on by un-noticed and sorry but I actually pity the writers of such articles, if their time and effort is commonly accepted as being found so widely insipid, why waste time writing them?

And if appreciated and enjoyed it'd be courteous to acknowledge them, so in essence either most of the site members are severely lacking in common courtesey or don't like what they read??!!

Just my opinion, take it how you like.
    Last edited by cg74; 26-12-2010 at 23:51.

Quote Originally Posted by cg74 View Post
    And if appreciated and enjoyed it'd be courteous to acknowledge them, so in essence either most of the site members are severely lacking in common courtesey or don't like what they read??!!
    That's a bit of a sweeping statement!!!

Cheers, Nick

(Oops, I made a comment )

Hi CG,

I understand what you are saying, as I have written a couple of articles, and indeed they take a little time and effort to produce, and you are right in what you say, look at the number of veiws to the number of comments left

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by noknot View Post
    Hi CG,

I understand what you are saying, as I have written a couple of articles, and indeed they take a little time and effort to produce, and you are right in what you say, look at the number of veiws to the number of comments left
    Me too....and it means an awful lot if just one person says that they enjoyed the article. No comments doesn't make it a bad piece though.

Its a sign of the times. We are slowly but surely forgetting how to be courteous to people....eg to say "Good Morning" to total strangers etc. I was brought up to do that.My kids think I'm mad.

Blog Entries

Morning all

As one that did from time to time produce something for FM,it is good to get a response.
    My very first article I think, got more comment on what I put on my bacon sandwich than the content, but it did feel good anyway.

I know Kevin Perkins was regularly disappointed with the lack of response too.

I got plenty of comments when I did an article on stillwater barbel.....

It always varied a great deal though.Sometimes an article would be well-read yet get no comments, other times there'd be plenty when you least expect it. Humourous articles seem to be well read yet get very few coments mainly because there's not much to say apart from thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john m h View Post
    The latest, Winter fishing for carp, and I only know because Ive just looked it up, does not in the slightest appeal to me so I probably wont read it.
    The original title of this was just Winter Fishing. It is a carp article but it also contains a lot of relevance to most other freshwater disciplines. I have been pressured recently by the tech staff to attempt to make the titles more Search-Engine friendly and specific which is why I altered the title, and why some of our more recent article titles are a bit heavy.

Comments: Yes, please make a comment. There's no postage stamp involved after all and its a great reassurance to a new writer that people are reading and appreciating their efforts.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast