Stainless Vacuum Flasks

J

john ledger

I have had about 4 stainless flasks and to be honest they have all been useless,ok for a couple of hours and the temp drops at an alarming rate. Heat the flask up but not impressed so its back to the plastic tried and tested. Anyone recommend a decent one

S

Shrek

I got a 2 ltr Thermos one from T K Maxx. Took it on holiday with us and, at the end of the day, you couldn't put your hand under the liquid you poured out of the flask. Definitely keeps things hotter for longer than any plastic one I've previously had.

J

john ledger

Was it an expensive one Adrian,must admit the ones i have had have come from Morrisons

I

Ian Cloke

I have an Aladdin(sp)it keeps my drink hot for longer than I need it to. They are not the cheapest flasks, but then again you get what you pay for. I think I paid about ?15 for it, 1 litre capacity.

G

Ged

I too have an Aladdin. 1 litre, about ?9 I paid for it and some years ago at that. Only problem is that it weighs a ton.
have bought another but no name, a lot lighter, but does not keep the drink as warm for longer.

M

matt thomas

agree with the get what you pay for ,i have had numerous metal flasks after years of having mishaps with glass ones on the bank
you know the story
set up tackle ,get settled in reach down to flask while looking at rod tip-misjudge and knock it over and that tell tell sound of "bouish" as it inplodes inside,
next 6 hours without a cuppa --murder!!

good tip,line the inside with foam and also the screw off drinking top,seems to keep it a little longer,the thin stuff that electrical goods are wrapped in

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

John you want a Coleman mate! I've had mine 10 years - ?21 from Argos. Expensive then and still now, but I can fill with boiling water, cork it, and it will still be hot enough 15 hours later when uncorked to make a fresh drink of tea from a teabag.

Now that's what I call a good product!

E

EC

1L stainless steel Argos special!

6years on, no probs, home and bargain have same for ?6.00.

Stitchthatcolemanheadstastic!

S

Shrek

John,

My flask was ?20. Like the others (apart from EddieCflaskmanluckybuggertastic) you do get what you pay for, IMHO.

Beecy

Reaction score
Got mine from asda, 1L s/steel thermos. Cost about 5or6 quid and cant fault it.

Unopened it will keep hot for a good 12 hrs or more, but like any flask once air gets in you can't do much about it cooling.

To make sure the last drink of the day is still hot why not try 2x 1/2L ones?

W

Wolfman Woody

I've had three now and found nothing wrong with any of them.

All top makes, Alladin (?) or Thermos.

I've filled them early morning and half emptied them on through the day. Forgotten to remove them as soon as I got home, but at 9 at night the liquid has still been drinkable hot.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've had a few as well, from cheap 'uns to dear 'uns and they've all been good.

J

john ledger

Lads you are talking to a bloke who can make one maggot do for 6 fish and thats when i am flush(tight us Yorkies)
Phil do you get a free meal with that flask and a bottle of wine(how much)
Seriously will have to pay a bit more and will call in at Argos next week.
Fished my local River Idle today and was there for first light. Made my flask at 6am,had first drink around 7-30am and its ok,next drink around 9am and its not bad,next around 10-30 and its rat piss

J

jason fisher

the thermos ones are good pricey but very good my dad pund a way of breaking one though, you have to drop it down the pit shaft they dont survive that.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I have a stainless steel Coleman that I bought about 8 years ago. As Phil says it will keep water piping hot for ages. I cost me about ?25 if I rememeber.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Trust Ron ---His has to cost more than anyone else ......

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

A funny but true story when stainless steel flasks first came out.
In those days (20+ years ago) I use to fish the works club matches on the Trent, just for a break from specimen fishing. One of the guys I worked with bought a steely and we were talking about flasks as you do after the match had finished, probably because somebody had broken their flask and gone all day without a drink.

Anyway, afore mentioned guy say ?you want one of these flasks they?re unbreakable!? He does no more than hurls at a nearby tree. You can imagine the look of horror on the assembled group of anglers watching this, with their oh so delicate glass Thermos flasks.
The flask hit the trunk and bounced off with a huge dint in it. Lots of tittering, that?s F888ked it and the man?s mad comments! The guy picks it up, holds it aloft in triumph and shakes it. Everybody expecting to here the infamous rattle.
No rattle!
Takes the cup and stopper out and shows it to the assemblage. ?See I told you they were unbreakable!
Some old wag says, ?not undintable though are they!?