Friday on the Trent with Timewarp Ron

D

Dave Johnson

Ron, lost the thread on who is going and the directions.....
who is getting the D/T's, I know they are ?3 and I know i will need 2-3 oz flat Korda's......
are you stopping all night?
what were the boillies you are catchin on?
and i will think of the other things later
and do you still want a goo on my Pro perf 17 footer?
Dave

M

Mike Fidler

I'm going mate, perhaps we can meet up on the wat there.

N

Neil Wayte

Providing I can finish work early enough friday to get round the M25 before it resembles a NCP car park I'll be along.I reckon it's going to take 4 hours to get there.
Can anyone advise me on how busy the A1 gets northbound on a friday afternoon.

M

Mike Fidler

Not sure mate about 5.30, goimg to Ireland tomorrow so won't be back till thursday afternoon.

P

Paul Williams

I am hoping to make it up there.....well someone has to keep DJ under control!! since the powers that be changed the site i have also lost the thread with the directions so can someone post them again.....please?

R

Ron Clay

Nutrabaits Trigga, much to the disgust of Sedge.

I my be nearly 60 but not time warped yet. It's just that I've lost some threads since the update.

D

Dave Johnson

WHERE DID THE tRENT TEASER THREAD GO THEN?

'Time warprd' Ron......what about Izaak's milkmaids..........lol

S

Stuart Johnson

Neil, About 7 years ago I used to travel north on the A1 every Friday. It used to get very busy after about 3pm. You know what its like every body down south seems to finish at lunch time so they can travel north to gods country for the weekend.:)

R

Ron Clay

I wonder why Stuart. I also wonder why I only go to the Inner M25 when a customer drags me there. It shouldn't be so bad on Friday. The major rodworks at Newark are now finished.

Make sure you are carrying your IM25 passports. The Notts border guards are getting very fussy who they let in these days.

The village of Collingham goes back to AD 56 I have been told - it's even older than London! The local milkmaids will be there to give all the soft southerners a right Robin Hood type welcome.

D

Dave Silvers

Neil
As one who regularly travels around the country I can tell you both the A1 and the M1 are absolute murder on Friday afternoons(it's all us northerners thats been down south pinching, sorry earning a living all week, going home). Get on the road as early as possible mate its the only advice I can give, other than the M1 might be a better option, but it's a lottery.

N

Neil Wayte

I realy want to make this fishin but it depends on what time I finish work on friday.
Question for Ron
Do i need to bring a big bucket of hemp to fish my meat and boilies over.

P

Paul Williams

All roads North from the smoke are murder Friday afternoons......even up this way i need to get off early afternoon to get to the M42 and Notts......hope you make it Neil.

D

Dave Johnson

Neil, have a skinfull Thurs night, go into work Fri looking pasty and complaining of 'summer flu'-get there early, bait mine and Pauls and Rons pegs up, sleep ya beer off, then we'll all catch some barbel over a balti washed down with Zinfandel.......

P

Paul Williams

My Missus say's theres no way you lot are getting a Balti if she doesn't.....looks like a busy night!!.....Ron, "Timewarp" is a term of affection, the B******s call me Brummie.....come to think of it so do you!!!!!!

D

Dave Johnson

I cant wait to have a 'snifter' later on and get Ron to recall some of his tales-it'l be a shame if the fishing interupts it eh Paul?
Arte you using hemp by the way Ron, and how far out are the gravel bars on average as I presume you are locating these rather than fishing blind?

N

Neil Wayte

Like your idea Dave but unfortunatley I'm self employed so that one won't work.Have managed to have a local job for friday so it's looking good.

R

Ron Clay

I had better post the directions to Cllingham again.

You need to get on the A46 from the A1 towards Lincoln. The turn left on the A1133 towards Gainsborough. Pass through the village of Langford, over the level crossing and past the Collingham Cricket club on the left. You will enter the village of Collingham. Turn first left and take the second sign to the River Trent. Follow this road wich will become a track. Take it slowly.

At the end you will see the carpark. Over the fence, Cromwell Weir in the left.

M

michael jepson

Hi All, I live in Tameside, Manchester. Is there any chance of a lift for Ron's Trent Fish In. Here's hoping, Mike.