fishing magic and sky tv changed my life

N

nicholas bray

When i was younger i used to go rabbiting and occasionally went fishing and was always in the countryside.
As I got older and settled down I gave up the rabbiting altogether and started doing a bit of fishing on my local river but got bored after years of just ledgering for grayling and trout and eventually stopped fishing altogether and got obsessed with sitting in front of the computer dowloading music etc hardly never leaving the house apart from going to work. Then a couple of years ago i got sky and after watching the fishing programs it re-ignited my hunting/fishing bug. I've never known any good anglers to learn from so when i discovered fishing magic it opened up a whole new world of fishing to me now i fish for chub, grayling, trout, perch, pike, bream, tench using methods i didn't know existed such as the lift method, the paternoster, etc etc I just want to say thank you to all the members of fishing magic who i have learnt so much from and have got me back outdoors in the wonderful open air where I belong.

N

nicholas bray

yes monk it's the best of both worlds really.
Plus the fish are happy cause they don't taste as nice as the rabbits so they get to go free

C

Chris Bishop

Nice stuff mate, it's rekindled my enthusiasm plenty of times and I've met some real characters who've gone on to become good mates along the way.

N

nicholas bray

where abouts do you guys go fishing i never seem to hear much about people fishing relatively unheard of places, usually famous rivers like the thames or the ouse

C

Cakey

chris fishes all of Norfolk (in one day so posh tells me )
I fish the Lea/Lee Valley

N

nicholas bray

the moat at caerphilly castle, the river rhymmney, occasionally the taff and any where else i can find that i can wet a line.

P

paul williams 2

Nicholas.....i was reared by guys like you, my Gran taught me how to skin a rabbit when i was about 5 years old.......bit out of practice now but i still remember!

The Rhymney and other old raped Welsh rivers are running clean again aren't they, at least untill a flood stirs things up?

N

nicholas bray

I think I made myself sound older than I am I started rabbiting and fishing when I was about 13 i'm 28 now.
The rhymnney has been really low since the beginning of the summer but we've just had about three weeks of floods now it's gone back down it's crystal clear like a mountain spring no residue of any industry left as far as i can see. the river has so many grayling it's hard to see how it supports them with it being so small there's plent of chub and trout as well there even a few roach and perch inther now

N

nicholas bray

merv i fish around the caerphilly area i go anywhere within pedalling distance as i go on my push bike.

N

nicholas bray

Thanks I just love being out nowadays fishing.
I went fishing yesterday after work in the dark found a pucker little spot sat there lit a small fire something i dont usually do but it was -1 had a few cups of tea caught 1 chub and had a great 3hours.
It can be great fun sometimes sitting there in the dark a little bit nervous which just adds to the fun

Matthew Keating

Reaction score
Nice one Nick- glad to hear our site is a force for good in such a world! ... and cheers to everyone for making the forums such a busy place- over 300k posts and counting! ps what do you think about us starting our own radio station- FM.FM? Oh dear back to the drawing board....

N

nicholas bray

yea it's definately the best fishing site on the web, i look at other sites but alwyays come back to fishing magic, i have been looking at the forums for some time now but only just started participating it's good fun. It's also made me think alot more about the welfare of the fish and have now changed the way i do certain things.
fm.fm it would be a bit confusing lol.