George Best

J

john ledger

Enough about other teams its Besty i care about so get better George lad from me

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
The man was the best, no pun intended, only Maradona is comparable in my mind.

I know he's been a knob-head with his drinking and that, but it is like a disease, and he is not winning that battle at the mo.

I for one am willing him on for better times, i hope he recovers from this and gets his life back to some sort of normallity.

P

paul williams 2

Saw him at Molineux when i was much younger.......never watched the whole match, just kept looking at Best......i wanted to be him, now i just need to know whether it was the wine, women or football.

He has done no real harm other than to himself....i'll wish him no ill.

I'll continue to support a local team tho!.........don't like prawns on sarnies!

C

Chub King

Will concede that all the very best footballers tend to be far from normal - just look at Roy Keane....

J

john ledger

Murray
I always wanted to be Robert Plant and look what happened

J

john ledger

Chub King
Most genius in any walk of life are are flawed .Look at me

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Would certainly agree with the flawed bit John ;-)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Maradona looks good again!!!!!!! has had his stomach stiched, lost loads of weight and has got fit again, saw him play last week and he's still got it....

I can't remember who it was but somebody said that all genious's were on the edge or something like.

I think you have to go along with that, just look at the real genius's in life and whats happened.

P

paul williams 2

I've grown up now tho Murray......nowadays i just want to be Nel Mcandrews gyno!

J

john ledger

Bet Nigel was a bully at school,he is always picking on me,dont know why i help old ladies across the road

J

john ledger

Its like this Murray
I would pay to see George Best Maradona Pele Ronaldino Gazza etc,the rest i would have to be paid to see em including Roy Keane

N

Nigel Moors.

Sad to say I'm a Utd fan (sad as it appears our best days are gone for while despite the little scouse shrek like genius) and have obviously worshipped Bestie in his time. Yes he may well be a poor role model but in his playing time players weren't ever seen as such, fans and journalist alike could rub shoulders with him - even if it was in the pub!

Can't stand all the news teams having a reporter posted outside the hospital waiting to deliver 'news' of his every fart etc. Very good article at the weekend in the paper about Bestie from one of those journalists who knew him well. Leave aside his very bad health and supposed bad role model material, read the article especially the reference to Johan Cruyff and it's very apparent just why the loss of this man should be cared about.

Guardian article

As a very proud Englishman Lineker figures right up there in terms of his goalscoring feats as I suppose does Owen but PLEEAASEEEE - let's not compare them to the great man. As for the Irish producing him that bollox, he's Northern Irish and proud of it. That makes him British doesn't it?

N

Nigel Moors.

A couple more things I'd like people to remember when they think poorly of Him and His failings, alcoholism obviously run in his family (him mum died as a result). And a lot of todays young footballers (sic) get excused for being young with a lot of time on their hands and vast wealth. That's all very true but after Bestie returned from Portugal and the El Beatle thing took hold he was on ?1000 a week! That's a fortune for that time so a little understanding such as todays stars get wouldn't go amiss. I use 'stars' loosely of course because most of todays palyers are no such thing....

J

john ledger

Well said Nigel Bestie was the very first superstar the Beatle of football and who cannot feel sorry for his father,no father should have to bury their son and todays latest news is sad indeed.
One thing for sure we will not see the likes of George Best again and that is indeed sad

F

Fred Bonney

Just had a text message
Sign in butchers shop...Best liver for sale.

Sorry not mine.

B

Bully

.....I had the same, but it went on to say

....and already marinated.

I notice that his Prof has announced that there is now no way he will pull through and he will die within 24hrs !!

Still sad, despite his own contribution to his condition.

J

john ledger

On a serious note George has offered his organs according to the news.