George Best

Y

yoggy

I`m not an avid football fan,but i do admire people who are good at what they do,and George Best was simply one of the worlds greatest,he`ll be sorely missed by everyone
RIP MATE.

J

john ledger

Anyone who has seen George Best actually play and i have quite a few times will tell you he was hammered by defenders and played on mudfields not like the pampered aristocrats of today who would not lace his boots.
You can give a man a new liver lung heart but you cannot give him a new mind or brain and being an alcoholic is the worse disease.George blamed himself for his mothers death and that could never have been any help.
Personally i will never forgive the BBC and Wogan for the time they allowed him(encouraged )to get drunk before coming on the show

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

They showed part of that interview last night which wsa utterly inappropriate.

W

Wolfman Woody

Agree, I thought it was the most embarrassing moment of his life.

Like Oliver Reed When he got drunk before a Parkie programme. Someone should take responsibility for these people in the studios and if they're not fit to go on TV, they can always say "He's suffered a sudden throat infection.." or something.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
But is that not what the programme maker's want,

People talking about what a 'celebrity' did on their particular show, anyone with any sense of decency would have done as you suggest Woody.

J

john ledger

What the beeb used to do was allow them in the Green room for a few drinks and in Georges case laid it on big time.Never watched Wogan again after that incident and to think he was a fellow Irishman

Michael Howson

Reaction score
John. You are right in your opinion of Wogan. He is someone i have allways considered to be a false, smug, overrated and grossly overpaid ( celebrity) trading on his oirish gift of the gab for all hes worth and with no obvious talent.His treatment of George in that infamous interview was inexcusable and just outlined his own selfish pandering to viewing figures.Rant over.