Richard Lee

chav professor

Reaction score
Steve Partner is not really provocotive, he is playing up to the audiance that is the stereotypical 'Great British Angler'!! I would make him look like a pussy cat ;) - good respone from RSPB in the AT letters.

richardlee

Reaction score
Hi Keith

The design is indeed styled in the traditional news manner as that's exactly what we want the paper to become - a product driven by what's happening now. It's a personal opinion, but I think a weekly should concentrate purely on the people making the news, which makes it harder for general 'how to' features to make the paper.
Another 5lb chub story, by a sponsored angler, to keep a manufacturer happy, just doesn't cut the mustard. It does also mean more new faces - which has to be good. The timeless stuff belongs online or in the monthlies. Just my opinion.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My word, that sounds promising - I might take a look at the paper for the first time in several years!

jef bertels

Reaction score
Hi Keith

The design is indeed styled in the traditional news manner as that's exactly what we want the paper to become - a product driven by what's happening now. It's a personal opinion, but I think a weekly should concentrate purely on the people making the news, which makes it harder for general 'how to' features to make the paper.
Another 5lb chub story, by a sponsored angler, to keep a manufacturer happy, just doesn't cut the mustard. It does also mean more new faces - which has to be good. The timeless stuff belongs online or in the monthlies. Just my opinion.

Sounds like a good, strong vision Richard; exactly what any venture needs.

Great to read what you said about the sponsored angler above. Us readers are sick of advertorials from sponsored anglers in all the mags - it insults our intelligence.

The fact that you're taking time to listen to suggestions also holds great promise and I hope you get extra subs off the back of it.