Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Lee

Blog Entries

Default Richard Lee

Does anyone know if Richard Lee (AT Editor.) still uses this site?

I've just had a look at one profile under that name and it says he hasn't been 'active' since 2006.

He may however have a new username or may visit the site without logging on.

Blog Entries

Thanks Bluenose.

Blog Entries

It's not obvious from the paper that he is still there Chris.
    Do you want him specificly, or a contact at AT?

Blog Entries

He's still listed as editor in the paper Fred. He must be anyway because I rang them this morning to try and get a word with him and the secretary said he was out of the office.

I just wanted to chat to him about the new look AT. I'll perhaps try him at the office again tomorrow.

6. Default

Hi Chris

Been very busy today - we're working with the Shark Trust trying to build on the work of C4s Fish Fight. I found Gordon Ramsay's Shark Bait show quite sickening. I'm about for some of tomorrow and then working from home on some new magazines - 'Legend' tributes to Dick W, Ivan and Yates. You'll get me before 12. Sometimes my PA fields calls but make sure she knows its you.

Richard

Blog Entries

Thanks Richard, unfortunately I've been too busy myself today to call back.

PM for you.

8. Default

Thanks Chris. Used some of it in the paper, hope you dont mind. The glossy wrap has obviously helped this week, and we have more planned, but the early sales figures are extremely exciting after what has been a very tough year for everyone who makes a living out of the sport.You're right about news. I was working in lots of other markets in 2010 and its great to come back full time on AT and take it down a road it so badly needed. I'm very pleased with next Tuesday's edition too. The team have been brilliant. I'd value your thoughts when you get it. Tight lines.

Hi Richard,

I posted this earlier quote:

'I think they should bring back a dedicated sea fishing section. i also think the picture garantee is a little silly. If i see the obvious gag of a big man holding a little roach and getting his picture published

I have felt for a little while that it is out of touch with 'normal' anglers. It would be nice to see a brace of 5lb chub recognised as the angling feat it could be in some parts of the country or in-deed an anglers first 2lb roach milestone. Some of the articles are very good - particularly Martin Bowler - Stunning.

Another issue i have is the over politcal theme e.g. doom and gloom headlines week in week out about another commercial hitting the wall because of otters or something else. the letters page can be a little disconcerting - anglers letters calling for all types of bans - 'BAA is right to ban live baiting', 'barbed hooks barbarous' etc. No doubt there will be the usual debate about how out of date and irrelavent the close season is......

There you go, i've just talked myself out of buying it - rather save my money and buy a book that celebrates every thing thats good in angling

I think the new issue was a big improvement - i am also looking forward to the Legends issues. I look forward to 2011 and purchasing the odd copy of your mag/paper. i particularly liked the Kingfisher club - a much better concept than the picture garantee that turned a little tacky and did not represent some very good and credible fish captures in a good light.

Still need a sea fishing sectiojn for us all-rounders. Has mark sawyer finally mastered the pendulum cast. lol He is a Gipping man like myself and not a bad shot either.

Christian

10. Default

Thanks Christian.
    I think tomorrow's paper is the best for many, many years in terms of diversity and value for money. Unfortunately, there will always be some bad news to report and we can't really ignore what's going on out there. It's obviously about balance and I believe it's about right this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast