2 Metre long worm

N

nicholas bray

Did anyone see david attenboroughs new program life in the undergrowth it should an earthworm that was 2 metres in length and well over an inch in diameter imagine how much bait you could make out of that.

N

nicholas bray

yep that was one big worm it would have frightened the shit out any fish from my local pond

N

nicholas bray

what about the small worms that were coming out of the ground and taking leaves back down to eat never thought worms did that

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The largest earthworms are not found in Australia. There are some found in the Eastern Cape of South Africa that are much longer. I have seen one on a lawn after a heavy shower near Port Elizabeth that was at least 3 metres long.

Like the Oz worms they have egg sacks.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The world's largest earthworm measured 22 feet in length and was found near Port Elizabeth in South Africa.

N

nicholas bray

how big are the perch in port elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

paul williams 2

Ron....if you don't stop eating all those figs and roughage YOU will get worms! ;)

Y

yoggy

I watched that programme,brilliant!!.David Attenborough is THE man.I believe that most anglers do share a common interest in nature,fishing isn`t just about catching fish is it?,I certainly don`t think so.Some of the sights i`ve seen whilst out fishing have been memorable.Some days i go home without a bite,but at least i had the pleasure of being around some wonderful sites and sounds......but i admit that worm would come in handy on the Ivel!!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Strangely enough there are perch in South Africa. There were inroduced by British settlers in the 1890, like most other European fish there.

In a few large impoundments and dams in the Kokstad area of the Eastern Cape they have attained weights of over 5 kg!!!

They are quite rare there now.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
22ft that is incredible!. I have found all of Attenboroughs BBC work amazing to watch, this new series is brilliant so far and the Blue Planet before it was breathtaking. Some of the camera work and sequences achievable today show some truly spectacular sights.

Imagine being lucky enough to have seen most of them first hand like the man himself.

I saw an interview with him once and he said the only animal he couldn't stand was the Rat!

N

nicholas bray

I wonder how they managed to transport fish safely to distant countries in the olden days

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Quite simple Nicholas. In tanks aboard ship. They also transported ova and sperm in beween ice blocks.

The Victorians were past masters in transporting "Englishness" to the four corners of the world. They were also great innovators.

In fact it is quite true that more inventions came about during this period than at any other time. Innovation was encouraged and sponsered.

Not so today.

All they are concerned with today is politics, PC and vested interests. Many great innovations during the past 40 years have been kicked in the head.

What a shame. We may have been able to eliminate the evil international cartel that exists that says we must go on burning hydrocarbons.