Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    The Monk Guest

    Default

    - House Fires -
    PLEASE READ


    Received from a friend who is in the property
    insurance business. It is well worth reading. This is
    one of those emails that if you didn't send it, rest
    assured someone on your list will suffer for not
    reading it. The original message was written by a lady
    whose brother and his wife learned a hard lesson this
    past week.


    Their house burned down.. ..nothing left but ashes.
    They have good insurance so the house will be replaced
    and most of the contents. That is the good news.
    However, they were sick when they found out the cause
    of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through
    the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the
    fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her
    sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.
    She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow
    dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be
    something that would disintegrate at high
    temperatures". Then her sister-in-law remembered she
    had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.

    The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments. He
    said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has
    seen more house fires started with the plug-in type
    room fresheners than anything else. He said the
    plastic they are made from is THIN plastic. He also
    said that in every case there was nothing left to
    prove that it even existed.

    When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two
    prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. Her sister-in-law had
    one

    of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she
    H ad noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would
    walk
    into the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on again.
    The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and
    go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would
    comeback on.

    That is a warning sign . The investigator said he
    personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance
    device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
    places that have been burned down due to them.

    PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
    BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT
    COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lydney, in the Forest of Dean
    Posts
    9,147

    Default

    Not going to argue Mr Monk but there seems to be some dispute about this, have a look here


    Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

  3. #3
    The Monk Guest

    Default

    thanks for that Graham,thats interesting, you never can tell with these things, still best safe than sorry I suppose!

  4. #4

    Default

    That seems strange that there is a three pin socket in a bathroom in the UK surely that's against the regs IANAE

  5. #5
    Les Clark Guest

    Default

    Swanny999 ,Odd handle mate ,old bill ?
    Maybe your under cover for the barbel police .

  6. #6
    Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

    Default

    There's no flies on you GW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •