Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Well done Smudge the first of many I hope.

I had my first ever Barbel from the Trent in 1988 and have been hooked ever since.

Good luck for the rest of the season and the future.

All the Best from ADE and the rest of the Team Barbel boys

Well done Smudge, I can still remember the first one I caught on the Severn in the 60's, its a lasting impression, now you have experienced the power of the barbel, some fish eh!

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Ron 'The Hat' Clay Guest

How nice to see an well written article describing your first barbel.

It takes me back to that day on the Yorkshire Ouse - I've forgotten the year, (I was a teenager) when my float shot under and I found mself attached to my first barbel. I've even forgotten it's exact weight (about 3 1/2 lbs).

But I'll never forget the power.

Thanks guys, it was my first article I wrote so I was a bit on the edge to what people would think
    I don't do pole fishing, I don't like pole fishing........but I don't have anything againt pole fisherman

Really enjoyed that Smudge, well done!

Pikey Paul and I were further up by the road bridge at the last Fish-In so we didn't meet up, hope to see you at the next one.
    'I'm a kind of paranoid in reverse: I suspect people of plotting to make me happy...' (J.D. Salinger, 1919-2010)

Was that on the same weekend as I did at one point walk up towards the bridge and saw a few people trotting a float with a centre-pin, was that you?
    I don't do pole fishing, I don't like pole fishing........but I don't have anything againt pole fisherman