River levels..

E

EC

I thought it might be a good idea to start a 'river level' thread as a point of reference for those of us who have to travel a reasonable distance in order to visit running water!

If you live local to a river, or have just visited a river, please keep the rest of us informed by stating what the level is like!

No catch reports, just plain old levels and colour and anything else you feel appropriate.

E

EC

Starter for 10, River Dane 5pm, Sat 3rd Dec 2005, well up, rising, and coloured!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Last week Dorset Stour 6" below winter level, clear. 9am this morning 6'6" up above winter level, still rising (9ft closes the road), very coloured, 3 fields wide (Julians Bridge, Wimborne); tomorrow's xmas match is on the lakes!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Tom. Ive looked at your 5 northern rivers posting but being a computer idiot i cant seem to find how to log on to that site direct.Please help and excuse my ignorance thaks mick.

T

tom riordan

Micheal, sorry I should have said a bit more about the site. Click on the link and scroll down to the pictures of the rivers (Trent,swale,nidd,ure and wharfe) click on the river you are interested in and you should be ok. If you click on to "go back to my fishing page" you will then go to mikes front page (he is Barbule from BFW) and you can read his fishing diarys which are an interesting read.

W

Wolfman Woody

Thames was a good 2 foot up and 3" visibility.

It's falling though, and that's promising.

K

Keith Orange

I've had a look at the 5 Northern Rivers site mentioned above, as I was interested in the Wharfe readings. Today is Sunday evening, but the site only shows readings up to last Friday morning.

Since the Wharfe can rise from summer level to a raging flood in a few hours, the site is not that helpful if readings are always 2 days old.

I think I'd rather spend 80pence and phone the EA river line.

mike berridge

Reaction score
Hi this is barbule, I post the levels most days but not usually on a weekend.
The Trent is about 6ft up at the moment and ripping through but the temp is up, (lovely!)
mike

mike berridge

Reaction score
It cost me ?5 a week to post the levels , so if you do get the levels on the weekend then e mail them to me and I will post them for the others to see.

T

tom riordan

HI Mike, I hope you didnt mind me posting a link to your site.I work away from home all week and I like to read the trend through the week, it gives me a good indication of the weekends possibilities, ie if the river is on the rise or falling and if the temps are fluctuating wildly. I have found your site invaluable and it is in my favourites folder, thanks.

E

EC

Anyone know of similar sites for the River Dane, Dee or Severn?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I don't know of any sites for the Severn but I know how to get up to the minute River Severn levels and thats to ring Stan Lewis who has his shop literally yards from the river, 01299 403358, he'll tell you about colour and how its fishing too.

Another useful number for the lower Severn is Alans Tackle, Worcs.01905 422107.

For the Warks Avon ring Alan Stevens tackle on 01789 762200.

For the River Wye levels ring 01432 272683 which gives you up to date levels at Hereford bridge.

B

Baz (bad loser and proud of it)

A link to the Dane levels would be handy, if anybody knows of any.

Or now that we have a new Home Page would there be room for a River Levels link on there?

E

EC

Anyone tell me the current level on the Dane, or Ribble as of Tuesday 20th Dec please?