Come on chaps

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
W

Wolfman Woody

"If anyone is in contact with them, please ask then to switch the fax on, make sure it has paper in it and that it works?"

Sorry Peter, it's part of the cost cuts.

Saving paper also saves a forrest.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
If all those that are not members join up they'll be able to save our rivers, lakes, fish, AND switch the fax back on.

P

paul williams 2

ssounds to me like the ACA of old!

Andy....with all due respect mate i'm sure they made the same statement about how many cases they are fighting in court at the moment in about 1974.

With all the bad publicity about charities being little more than expense accounts for a chosen few i need to know more.........(and it's not up to me to go looking, i tried that and hit a brick wall with them) it's up to them to sell themselves.......and i'll wager that at least 70% of todays anglers don't know who the hell they are!

Let them tell us exactly what they are presently doing, how the money is spent etc and then we can decide whether to part with our cash?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The old ACA as I remember them in the 60s were a great bunch of people.

Over the years of course, especially since the death of **** Walker (he used to pull them to heel quite often), the ACA has been infiltrated by prima donnas; and you know what I mean by that.

It's now a new set up completely and well worth supporting.

W

Wolfman Woody

You're right Paul, in some respects.

It is up to them to sell themselves to you. They do sell themselves now very well to their existing members, but it's not them they need to recruit. Yes, you have to get continued support from them, but most of the time they'll rejoin anyway so long as they keep hearing the ACA has won this or that case.

It's in magazines and on here that they need to be selling hard - VERY HARD!

If it is true about the number of cases, and I can't think that they were handling that many way back in 1974, it shows how things on the pollutions front haven't changed. If, as I suspect, they weren't dealing with as many, it shows how much worse it has got.

Best way to find out Paul is to join, for one year at least. Get the annual report and if you don't like the way they've performed, quit. What's to lose? ?17

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Having John Bailey on board hardly inspires........

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've been a member of the ACA for over 30 years and it has to be said that they have not always been the open, communicative and efficient organisation they should have been.

But it has to be said that they now appear to be getting their act together. I'm getting regular press releases, I've met Mark Lloyd the Director and am in regular communication with him. He will be writing an article about the ACA exclusively for Fishingmagic in the new year.

Their full accounts for 2004 and many other details of the work they did appear in the ACA Review 2005.

You will find an advert for the ACA on many of the pages of this website which we have given to the ACA FOC.

They've not got everything right yet, but they are trying hard and we should be encouraging them by as many as possible of us joining.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I never re joined after the last hoo ha.
Bit churlish I know but at the time it made me feel better. I was a member for years, and of NASA before it became the SAA which I also left.

Would rejoin both if I thought it was worth it. Is it?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Murray,

The answer is YES.

I met Mark Lloyd at the NEC earlier this year and realised here was a man who was listening; not only that - did something about it hence the regular press releases to the press and fishing internet community. When I tried the same previously nothing happened, as Graham will confirm. Press releases there were none.

Only the price of a few boilies a year...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've always thought it was worth it, even during the recent 'scandal'. The ACA is bigger than any individual and the good work they do by making polluters pay just wouldn't get done without them.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just sent the application form, by fax, for the 4th. time.

I will give it one more try after this one and then I'll assume that they don't want me as a member :)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Maybe they will charge you 4 times ....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Plot Unthickens!

Well, I have just spoken to a nice lady at the ACA who went and checked that the number was correct.

It was!

The only problem seems to have been . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that someone had UNPLUGED the machine!

Signed:
Peter - possiblymaybewithanylucknowthe newsestmemberoftheACA :)

R

They need an office manager Peter!

Seriously, I spoke at length with Mark Lloyd a little while ago and found him to be a first class person and a very enthusiastic angler.

Fax machines Peter??

Still working in the 70s hey. I'll bet you still have a telex machine..... :eek:)

And Ed, maybe they will oust the last remaining prima donna when they find he is losing them potential memebers.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not me Ron - THEM!

Maybe they should investigate an on-line payment method by credit card or Pay Pal.

w.r.t. Telex machines, believe it or not I know of one (modern) offshore platform in the UK sector that still sends daily well logs by telex.

W

Wolfman Woody

Eh Ron! Nothing wrong with fax machines.

At least you can't get viruses through them.

W

Wolfman Woody

And Telex is still the main way of communicating with ships at sea.

B

Big Swordsy :O) DVSG-PCD-SBS-BNP-SS

RIGHT IF EVERYONES HAVING LETTERS !

Lapsed member, shamed will re-join!

B

Big Swordsy :O) DVSG-PCD-SBS-BNP-SS

Boody hell missed one UKChKKK Grand Dragon!

R

Telex at sea!!!

I thought they still had blokes waving flags.