Come on chaps

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

There is no doubt that the ACA is in a more healthy condition following its major re-structure.

As a life member of this organisation, I suggest that as many of us as possible join up now.

Let's go for it.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Ron,

Did you hear all those combination locks snapping shut on all those wallets?

Price of a few packets of hooks a year, a gallon of maggots, couple of packs of boilies.

LETS HEAR SOME PLEDGES, and see some active joining, makes the ACAs Christmas. (Sorry to shout but to penetrate deaf ears).

If you fish and aren't bankrupt do it now!

J

John McLaren

A member for some years, its good to see that things are being turned around, no matter what the problems in the past were.

D

Deecy

I have been a member as long as I can recall.There have been ups and downs but things appear to be heading the right way again.The ACA

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

An ordinary member is ?17.00 a year. You can get all the other membership and club fees by checking out Deecy's link.

I would like to see all people on FM become members. That would more than double the ACA membership. That would enable them to double the number of pollution and anti-angler cases on their books.

And yes they do not only fight in the courts against pollution, but against abstraction and the antis too, where it's possible.

I remember many years ago when **** Walker in his AT column wrote that if every angler in Britain gave one pound a year to the ACA, we would never have to worry about the future of our sport again.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
PLEDGE!

In fact, I allowed my membership to expire and just simply forgot to renew it.

Having just read this thread, I downloaded the form, filled it in and faxed it off.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Life Member Peter?

One of the things I think I would like to do when I retire is to become a local organiser for the ACA. This would mean attending meetings of locals angling clubs to plead the ACA's case.

We have a couple of rivers in my area that have experienced pollution recently. The Don and The Rother. With more financial clout, the ACA could have won compensation for the clubs who control the fishing here.

Why, I might even get the authorities in Britain to consider legislation for Catch Basin Inserts to be installed on all storm water drains in this country, just as they are used in parts of the USA.

That would stop the oil and other hydrocarbons getting into our rivers.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (ACA Memeber)

A copy of the Law Society's Gazette chatity and appeals directory arrived for me in the post yesterday and it fell open at the page which has the entry for the ACA.

...was founded in 1948 to fight pollution and protect the interests of anglers.... has 50-60 cases ongoing.... entire income derived from membership subscriptions, donations and legacies which contribute to a fighting fund.

All anglers should join.

W

Wolfman Woody

I would suggest that every angler gets in contact with their main club NOW and checks that the club is a member. If you lose fishing through polution or the fact that soemone has removed it, ie: filled in the lake or restricted acccess you once had, get the ACA onto it.

If your club isn't a member, it and you deserve everything they're going to get. It stupid not to be.

Once they become, or if they are, a member, you can join as an individual at a reduced rate. How about that?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Mark Lloyd is organising me a few leaflets and membership forms which I will distribute to tackle shops in my area.

Mark by the way has just spent a holiday in South Africa, fishing some of the spots I know well - with the fly rod.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Perhaps their fundraising section might be a little more on the button though.I have sent 2 e-mails to them expressing interest on the sites behalf in their charity dinner next year but so far have not had a response.Come on chaps.

P

paul williams 2

They were never adept at answering emails..........but they did say about three years ago they would be improving.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Third time lucky.I'm worried JB might have blackballed us!

P

paul williams 2

Any chance of them doing something for FM and then they sell themselves and tell us who is doing what?

and possibly shame all the lapsed members into rejoining?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it would be a good idea if the ACA actually turned on their fax machine.

I sent off my renewal on Friday and it was not received. So, I sent it again on Monday, same result, and again just before lunch today.

If anyone is in contact with them, please ask then to switch the fax on, make sure it has paper in it and that it works?

Cheers,

Nigel,
If we now have a table, can I please reserve the corner seat (with line of sight) and I bagsy the most stale bread rolls :)