Fishingmagic Logo

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Graham,
Is the logo for FM a regTM, as I was thinking of using it on my mobile to replace the operator logo or startup logo and just thought I'd check first?.
Rodney :-}~

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It is copyright, but for an individual's mobile phone use there won't be a problem, so go ahead. But tell me, how do you get it on your phone?

R

Rodney Wrestt

I have a program that can capture images to use as logos or allows me to design them, also the web has sites with every logo you can think of from A-Z these can then be uploaded to the phone via a datacable or sent to other peoples phones I think. It also lets me create ringtones amongst other functions. Only thing is it is just for Nokia phones (they are the best anyway). :-}~

P

Paul Baxter

the best? yer but they ain't bloody water proof and they don't float what good is that when will some one make a mobile for us anglers water has already cost me 2 of the dam things!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Paul,
Nobody said they were fishing phones. I was talking about the functionality of the Nokia products,I know what you mean about their aversion to wet stuff and they also melt when they come into contact with Jungle Formula insect repelant even after a couple of minutes the chemical reaction can ruin a phone cover. I've seen some covers for mobiles, cameras and personal HiFi's that claim to be waterproof but they look like a thick plastic bags so even if you could hear the phone ring through the bag and the pocket big enough for it to fit in, the caller would probably hang up before you got the phone unpacked. :-}~

R

Rodney Wrestt

Graham,
I meant to ask earlier, what has happened to the Digital Diary ? I can't find it and also is there a photo gallery as I've seen a couple of threads mention sending in photos in the carp & in the coarse sections ? ;-}~

R

Richard Drayson

Don`t keep it to yourself then Rodney! What is the website and will the logo work with my Nokia 5110?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Rod, hover your mouse cursor over 'editorial' and the diary is in the drop-down menu. It's got a bug in it yet though, so you can't see September entries. It'll be fixed soon.

No, we don't have a photo gallery. Send me the link to the article or whatever you've seen and then I can have a look at what you're referring to.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Graham,
I was reading a thread in the carp section the thread is headed Vitalin......any good? on page 3, Tom Craven mentions sending in pictures I may have picked it up wrong but I assumed there might have been a gallery. :-}~

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ah now Richard,

That would be telling and if I do tell it must be kept between you and me.....No telling anyone else

Only joking. The websites don't actually send the ringtones or logos they just display them for people to use. It's actually a separate program that does the uploading with a data cable and lets you send logos as SMS if you upload them to your phone with the cable it's free and to send them it's a standard SMS charge but Vodafone have stopped the capability to send ringtones as they say they are protecting themselves from being sued for copy right theft. Yes the 5110 is compatible but it only accepts the logos and not ringtones or startup or picture messages I'm afraid :-}~

R

Rodney Wrestt

Richard,
I've looked at the compatibility with your phone and as I said the only thing the program would do for the 5110 is change the operator logo and as the program costs ?20 and a cable is about another ?10 it's not really worth you buying it (if you were going to), so if you want I'll send you a logo if you want.

Oops by the way the program is called "Logomanager" and is available as shareware from www.logomanager.com, sorry I meant to put that in the last post. :-}~

R

Rodney Wrestt

Richard,
Did you get a chance too look at the program, what did you think. I did the FM logo it's ok but not brilliant due to the size restrictions and colour depth.

C

Chris Bishop

Nokia phones - gone through three in less than a year. One fell in, two just got damp when it rained. What you need is a waterproof casing for them.