Roach Fishing Selby 3

C

Chub King

I'm up for last weekend in January. Everyone's welcome as far as I'm concerned.... as long as I can have the banker swim!!!!

Paul B

Reaction score
28/29 works for me... Are you going to sort the booking Greg? If so, let us know how much and where to send the money.
As the organiser , you can have pick of the swims for me!

fishy pete

Reaction score
thanks greg/paul 28/29 sounds good to me.any of you lads fish it reguarly? just wondered cos i know its a carp water ,but i am just thinking about what tactics/baits to use?
do u think scalled down carp tactics? obviously roach will see a lot of boillies/pellets/particles could this aproach work?
or do u think plain ordanary maggot/castor approach could do buisness?

C

Chub King

Scaled down tactics should do the job - corn, mini boilies, etc could work. I'll take maggot and fish bolt-rigged maggot feeder tactics and float fish over the area during the day.
Let's hold off on finalising until everyone has decided whether that weekend is good for them.
And Billy Boy, take a chill pill man. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey and all that. People have just got to get to know you and your friends. All we all want to do is fish and enjoy ourselves, not have antagonistic exchanges. Just avoid any debates about barbel and you'll be fine. Trust me, I know because I'm a founder member of the stillwater barbel society!

fishy pete

Reaction score
O.K. GREG SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN,and Greg, apreciate what your saying as regards to my outbirst on danny boys''barbel on pole'' article it just got my back up when some so-called barbel experts started ripping him to bits, which i didn't think was fair ,especially as half of the arguments were inherantly floored, they were just doing it to be fasishious,manly cos they did'nt like the idea, just like stillwater barbel argument .
on the plus side though greg it's nice to here from you though mate, hope to meet u soon .cheers billy boy.

Paul B

Reaction score
Sorry Greg, wasn't trying to rush things,just who was going to book when all ready.
Billy, I haven't fished it but there's useful info on the web site www.selby3lakes.com. would like some clarification on whether hemp is allowed as seed baits are banned? and minimum 12lb line? for roach? =0}

CAT

Reaction score
So, were off Specimen Roach fishing now then Billy Boy, like it.
Am i allowed to bring my pet Pike? or have i got to get our lass down to kwik save for some Mexicana cheese, lol

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Merry Christmas and a Specimen Catching New Year.

fishy pete

Reaction score
thanks again paul,would be usfull to know as to wether we can use seed baits and
light lines though?
CAT you bring as much mexican cheese as you like pal, u ain't trouncing me of next peg again !!lol

CAT

Reaction score
I have looked at the Selby Lakes site, interesting, it says coarse fishing is only allowed till dusk, i thought we were doing a night session as well?

They seem to have swallowed the rule book a little bit as well mate, No Particles, no this, no that, but no mention of pet Pike so Rocky my roach munching Pike is in training. lol

fishy pete

Reaction score
read greg's opening article cat, i think he's cooked up a deal with bailiff!
P.S. LEAVE THAT BLOODY PIKE AT HOME,you cant control it and it bites!!lol

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Coarse fish include carp!

In fact carp should be called "Crude Fish" not coarse fish!!

CAT

Reaction score
Pike and this includes Rocky the Roach muncher do not Attack anything or anybody that are bigger than its self, so unless your under 22lb or stink of fish your will be ok. lol

D

DANNY BOY SMITH

billy boy, they attempted to rip me to bits!
chub king im looking forward to meeting others and fishing along side some new faces keep us all posted it will turn out to be a good fish in, even better if the roach turn on to feed!
(see i can post and not wind people up)
cheers

fishy pete

Reaction score
danny,see u on river banks over hols bro,u to cat my freind.
P.S. DANNY DONT BE TO WORRIED about winding up folks on this site,think we are just about sussing out who's worth talking to and who isn't matey!
merry christmas to one and all speak to you all in new year.
might even post a couple of articles myself in new year!
depends on how my planned sessions pan out!
20lbs carp out local lake,20lbs pike out local drains,and 2lbs grayling from local river..........chances of sucsess,probably nil........got to set yourself a few targets though haven't you? heres to wishfull thinking!
MERRY CRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!