Korda Suffers Major Humour Malfunction

Reaction score
Did anyone see the brilliant animation on YouTube 'How to get a Korda Sponsorship'...

One of the funniest fishing-related spoofs I've ever seen... and destined to go viral...

OK the vid was 'provocative' and 'p*iss taking' but in my book that would have been publicity for Korda that money can't buy...

Now the vids been taken down and apparently the humourless bar stewards at Korda are going to sue the maker!

Short-sighted and reactionary, I'd say!

I have the feeling that 'I want to catch carps like DF' (said in a monotone electro drawl) is now going to become a stock phrase in the carpers urban dictionary

mol

Reaction score
I can understand why. There was one line in particularly that was very inflammatory about young carpers, the rest of the video was a good spoof of the modern day carping.

Reaction score
Admittedly it was close to the knuckle Mol,

But for me in a long tradition of black humour and not supposed to be taken seriously by any means... and any rational person would not take this vid seriously.

You may as well ban Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce, Chris Morris, Frankie Boyle et al and we'll all get our 'laughs' from watching middle-of-the-road cack like Friends...

richiekelly

Reaction score
if korda are sueing someone for a bit of fun i find it very sad,i wont be buying any more korda products, sad people with huge egos

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
It was very funny, but IMO the bit about grooming had nothing wrong in it, it never said anything sexual about young kids, and if you think about it,

Korda do groom young anglers, into better anglers, what else would you call it ??

I think Korda and DF have lost the plot.

Have you seen the P*ss take of me and Uncle Dave ?? The maker (wol) has nothing to worry about, as long as he keeps the weekly payments going...:), It's a bit of fun.

It's a sad day for Korda, I liked the bit about DF, in your case that means Dum F**K, hahahaha.

Reaction score
Have you seen the P*ss take of me and Uncle Dave ?? The maker (wol) has nothing to worry about, as long as he keeps the weekly payments going...:), It's a bit of fun.

It's a sad day for Korda, I liked the bit about DF, in your case that means Dum F**K, hahahaha.

Too right Ray! A serious humour malfunction on their part that will spawn a successful range of alternative carp clothing (Dumb ****) and make them look petty and bitter!

Personally I have no axe to grind with Korda, their products, or their top brass, but their attitude is wrong on so many levels when it comes to a short animation on youtube... regardless of the author's motivation it was very funny and ultimately harmless.

And left to run would have worked brilliantly for Korda as the only bit of viral marketing that they're ever likely to experience...

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
Absolute classic. Thanks for the link Fred.

Just found it on you tube, so not been removed unless of course someone else has put it on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Fred...that's either the second or third one...its a pearler..the first was a stunner...I'm afraid whether that company like it or not....carps and DF are going to be linked to them for eternity.

And the first law of PR - there is no such thing as bad publicity!!

mark halsey

Reaction score
I want to shout "COMEON" like Danny. lol

I saw him doing that in an early Korda video and thought "whoa!"

I think he, Mr Fairbrass, looks like an ugly Johnathan King.

Mark