Fishing Christmas day

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Chaps
Anyone planning on fishing Christmas Day?

I'm sure there are a few of you brave enough to get a couple of hours bank time in whilst your good lady prepares the Christmas feast.Sadly I'll not be one of them - just have to stop in, sink a few beers and look lovingly at all my nice new fishing gear that I get for Christmas, then drop a few hints about getting to try them out on Boxing day.

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how it happened but the Mrs has insisted i go piking for a couple of hours on xmas morning. Not sure if she wants me out of the way for a reason or just out of the way! But bloody brilliant!

Jingle lures, jingle lures jingle all the way!!! :)

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Yeah my missus has to work too Cakey - which means I have to bloody cook!

E

EC

2 years ago I fished the shropshire union canal nr Chester and caught 2 jacks on sprats, 3 years ago I had a few hours on the Dane at middlewich and blanked.

Kids older now, I'll be leaving it til 26th I hope.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I'm having a curry in a minute, so I dare say I'll be trotting tomorrow too!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
27th for me, Roach (two pounders have been coming out, So "they" say!), Bream and Chub.
And maybe a pike will show?

And a bit of fresh air!

Beecy

Reaction score
I remember when I got my first ever pole on christmas day aged about 11 or 12. I insisted on going out to try it imediately even though it was absolutely freezing,hailing, and blowing a gale.

My mum and Dad did there best to point out what a daft idea it was, but being the stubborn little sod I was, I strapped all my gear to my bike and set off to the local pond.

Came back four fishless hours later, verry wet, verry cold and feeling a right plonker!

B

Bully

"whilst your good lady prepares the Christmas feast."

Yeah - right. In 27 years of being together my wife has cooked for me once!

One too many :0)

Not fair really, I love cooking, so that is the reason. Sadly once again I will not get to cook a Goose as my brother is once again taking on the whole family.

Thing is, he is right on the Thames at Richmond. Never fished there actually, but there must be a good stretch near-by???

Must buy my son some fishing gear so he has to try it out!!!

T

tom riordan

czech nymphing for grayling on boxing day on the Derbyshire Derwent. Wed and Thursday Roach and chub with the pin on the Dove. New years Eve I am off for Pike/Zander on the Trent (thanks to the lads on the Ribble fishin for putting me onto the fish). Who said Xmas was boring.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
"Malc, how did the hair salon photography go?"

Hello Terry.

Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet!

Although the salon is up and running (with existing clients), they have had to do a lot of work on the place and understandably want to have it spot on first!

They are now off to Austrailia for a month in January!

But, I am not complaining - I got a nice new camera out of it and my interest in photography has been re-kindled! ;o)

Malc Bason

Reaction score
I have to get out on the bank over the christmas holiday period. I have 12 days off from work, but now have a chest infection! Still determined though.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Get well soon Malc, got rid of one of those not long ago. Nasty!

I'll be out a couple of times, chubbing and fly fishing. Might slip in a spot of piking as well if I can get away with it.

B

Big Rik

Definitely going tomorrow morning for a few hours trotting.
Can't go on xmas day as I'm bloody working....... again.

C

Chris Bishop

Got to work Xmas Day and cook lunch but will be having a lurk tomorrow, Mon and Tues somewhere plus most of New Year.