Fishing Superstitions

Specihunter

Reaction score
We have all heard of what famous Sport Stars do pre-event eg which shin pad/ boot goes on 1st or what they eat before hand .

What is your fishing superstition?

Mine is my T-shirt and trousers.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i have a 1902 penny and a 1950 sixpence in my tackle box that i always keep in my tackle box,i havent a clue why.

stikflote

Reaction score
Used to do same as Peter, but now i no longer take a keepnet,

i dont think it made one iota of difference as to whether i caught or not,
i have no other, im not a superstitious person.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Not a superstition as such, but I always manage to get my line in a 'b#lls up' while setting up, and then I always say, "B#st#rd".

The Sogster

Reaction score
Before leaving the house I make puja to Ganeshji and then when I arrive at my chosen venue/ swim I always pour a small libation from my flask into the water prior to the first cast - got to keep the water gods happy.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Never !!
I repeat never set your camara up or get your weigh sling and scales out before you need them because you will not need them .(if you do)

Xplorer1

Reaction score
My superstition is....

....that if I don't make a list of everything I need to take, and tick them off as I pack my bag and then the car, I'll leave at least one thing behind. It's proved true every time I've not made the list.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Used to not shave, wear the same hat et al. Don’t bother now but always set up landing net first and take it down last (might be something to do with the biggest dace I ever saw but never landed!) and if I’m fishing for biggies, always put out the unhooking mat, scales, weigh sling before I cast.

Ooops nearly trod on that black cat!

Last edited:

stikflote

Reaction score
....that if I don't make a list of everything I need to take, and tick them off as I pack my bag and then the car, I'll leave at least one thing behind. It's proved true every time I've not made the list.

so i went yesterday using margin pole, after a while decided to put tip rod up ,put rod together lined all eyes up as you do, opened box no reel ,ive only got around 11 reels al at home ,LIST might be a good idea