Under The Thumb!!

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
got to be, to put up with me

Think that that sums most of us up!

Congratulations Stikflote, you have an expensive Golden one coming up. Planning a second Honeymoon, perhaps Tarpon on the flats, Sturgeon on the Frazer, Mexican Rooster fish? The possibilities are endless!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
32 and 49 years..........well I think thats an achievement by any standard!

How many people have I known who,having reached 20 years then decide to throw in the towel................not because they don't like each other anymore but because someone new has made them feel 'wanted' or 'special' or,more often than not,because the partner just doesn't notice them anymore or takes them for granted..

Yes,it takes effort and it will not always be perfect but I always think when I'm fishing for hours that I have great wife to go home to-and I can't ask for more than that!!

(Stikflote has a Golden one coming up?..........that makes the pair then,does it??)

49 years..............................that is amazing!!

stikflote

Reaction score
Thanks Tee Cee,
they say you are not a man till you have a daughter, well im superman i have five lol lol,
keith

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I have a great son but secretly I always wanted a daughter(or two).Unfortunately it just never happened although I do have young family members that I dote on and who find time to send me postcards when travelling......in fact one has just left these shores for a year on a'world ticket'with four others so I shall be watching the post!!

What it is to be young eh?

....I can only imagine that 5 daughters must keep you on your toes(and skint)!!

stikflote

Reaction score
def keep me skint, and they still come now, tonight i had a phone call

Dad are you doing anything ,like a fool i said no,then can you take me to nottinghami dont want to use my own car in case i have a drink, i replied what if i want a drink,daughter number three said but dad you dont drink,
good job isnt it

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Daughters, thank god I've only got the one. At 22 I know when she's after something, she goes from her usual oh dad, to daddy. No son could get away with that.
It's usually my mother that wants a lift. Mind you, it was one of my brothers that had to give her a lift home one night, drunk from a night out in Manchester. 70 and night clubbing.

bleak

Reaction score
At the wedding reception of my first marriage my Grandma slid down the wall she was leaning against holding a glass of rum in one hand and a ciggy in the other whilst mumbling to my new father inlaw, he was a diplomatic attache to washington. He was just impressed how she never spilt a drop.

stikflote

Reaction score
my family

Scan20001-1.jpg

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
def keep me skint, and they still come now, tonight i had a phone call

Dad are you doing anything ,like a fool i said no,then can you take me to nottinghami dont want to use my own car in case i have a drink, i replied what if i want a drink,daughter number three said but dad you dont drink,
good job isnt it

I have but 2 words for you my friend . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jonnie Walker!!!!

or 2 more . . . . . . . . .

JACK DANIELS - now that does it for me . . . . . . . . .

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I have but 2 words for you my friend . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jonnie Walker!!!!

or 2 more . . . . . . . . .

JACK DANIELS - now that does it for me . . . . . . . . .

Now, I've been married for 34 years.

19 years the first, 5 years the second and 10 years the 3rd time . . . . . . .

stikflote

Reaction score
once is enough for me no complaints, i used to work with an engine driver who i knew from a boy he had four marriages we sitting on engine at london

he was on about his latest wife she had left him, i asked him if out of four marriages he could be at fault he didnt answer,and never spoke to me again,

i didnt lose any sleep, half of the lads i went to school with went on to the railway ,they all knew him as well and thought he was at fault , lol who knows ,?

andy_venn

Reaction score
15 years together and like most people we split all the chores etc between us i help with the garden and allotment and i go and fish when it doesn't effect anyone else.
advatages of shift work i suppose, i fish during the week and my off weekends are for home and family things (unless im thrown out and told to go fishing that is )
wouldnt change it for the world....

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I went through a number of marriages before the penny dropped and I realised that maybe I was not doing all I could to make things work...............that maybe we really didn't talk at all-at least not about the things that matter!
That said,I have to admit that one or two marriages were doomed to failure from the start....in fact I can recall standing in a registry office on one occasion thinking"I really shouldn't be doing this"but I went ahead anyway....

If I'm honest I think i probably lived two seperate lives;one was travelling all over the world for weeks at a time on business and the other at home-as and when...I stayed in all the best places and lived off expenses so life was very good BUT it was a massive downer to come home....sort of lacking-in every respect-and we just did not know each other...sort of strangers...

I can say I remained friends with every wife until finally drifting apart and looking back I would not change a single thing............simply because i ended up with my now wife and we've been together for 17years this May....so all's well that ends well!!

Its been an interesting life though and never boring-thats for sure!!

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Like a large proportion of married couples we both work full time, have responsibilities to elderly relatives and only have a finate amount of leisure time (at week-ends during the winter months). I suppose for those who are retired, work part time or are self employed there are more opportunities to fish, particulally during the week, but at this time of year it's once a fortnight with perhaps a couple of hours down 'the cut' in between. It doesn't come down to being "under the thumb" just respecting your partner. We've managed twenty seven years in May.