Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Under The Thumb!!

Have you ever noticed the number of anglers who carry on with comments like "When she'll let me go fishing", or "Brownie Points from 'er indoors", or "I'll have to hide the latest rod or she'll see it!"

Blimey it makes me think why some people want to get married in the first place.

When I got married, I made darned sure that she was as keen as me when it came to long weekends and holidays fishing in the bush. And thank goodness she was. I enjoyed many fabulous fishing trips with my late wife, and little boy too.

But is seems that to many people, getting in the odd fishing trip causes all sorts of domestic hassle.

Are you under the thumb?

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

No...but my wife doesn't drive so if I go fishing she has difficulty getting anywhere.It causes difficulties logistically but not between us.It is what I do...she knows that.

Blog Entries

Then she must learn to drive or use the bus.

I use the bus lots when I need to get about, and it costs me nothing. The only time I use my car is when I go fishing.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

She has a driving licence but hasn't driven for years & was never any good at it anyway.She does use the bus but they are not very reliable round here.

I've no trouble, though had to ban the wife from fishing with me due to out fishing me and showing the other lads up on the bank.
    She doesn't fish any more due to arthritus, she has a driving licence but doesn't drive due to diabetis. She never questions what I spend on fishing.

I no problems with my wife when i go fishing or not,i give her a choice,
    i always ask her if she needs to go anywhere if so we go shopping or what ever, if she no i go fishing simple.

shes never questioned the amount ive spent on tackle, its a lot less than 4 brand new motorbikes lol, too old to ride em now

I do what I like when I like and at whatever cost I like. I also write whatever I like coz she don't read the internet.

its all about a bit of give and take surely

The only thing my better half says when I tell her I am going fishing is "Do you want me to make you up a flask." I normally drop her over to her father's house when I am going and she gets him to drive her home. She is one in a million Mind you, for this , she does get to live with ME.
    Kevin O'Connor
    C.A.G.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron The Hat Clay View Post
    Have you ever noticed the number of anglers who carry on with comments like "When she'll let me go fishing", or "Brownie Points from 'er indoors", or "I'll have to hide the latest rod or she'll see it!"

Blimey it makes me think why some people want to get married in the first place.

When I got married, I made darned sure that she was as keen as me when it came to long weekends and holidays fishing in the bush. And thank goodness she was. I enjoyed many fabulous fishing trips with my late wife, and little boy too.

But is seems that to many people, getting in the odd fishing trip causes all sorts of domestic hassle.

Are you under the thumb?
    That the problem Ron

Her Ladyship doesn't mind me going angling it "Fishing in the bush" that gets me in trouble
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast