IN THE MARKET FOR..........

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning a two day trip down to the Fens in search of some Zander. I know i'm going to need to keep warm whist I'm down there hence the need for a sleeping bag and cover.

I would like the cover to be suitable for summer overnighters, In summer I normally just take my winter thermal clothing and sleep in that.

I cannot see me using the bag in summer at all so no worries about overheating, so I think it should be a warm one.

Can any of you recommend a bag/coaver thats not silly prices, there's just so many to choose from I dont have any idea whats good and whats not.

As an after though, I like to sleep with my boots on so that I can be on the rods in seconds. For this reason I bought a bedchair with a waterproof wellie wipe at the bottom. Are there any bags/covers which have a waterproof lining at the bottom to allow you to wear your boots in bed?

Cheers Guys,

Paul

E

EC

Have a look at england angling site mate, they have quite a few deals on at varying price ranges.

I got a trakker bag with a bedchair cover last year for about 60 rips incl delivery, you can pay double for 'better' bags and covers etc but what I got was a bargain imo.

Have a shufty* at this!

Toastie warm.

*Another catchy phrase from EC

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal that Eddie cheers mate.

Whats the lining like on the bag and liner, just thinking about what I said before about keeping me boots on!

What do you guys do of you dont keep your boots on when you need to be on the rods quickly?

F

Frothey

the waterproof fleece (not sure that one is) cover's excellent - i use it in the summer to sleep under.

got a fleece lined 4 season jrc bag and the combination of the 2 is toasty warm.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Paul I have the Trakker lined sleeping bag cover (?30) and the Big Snooze sleeping bag.

I can't recommend the cover enough. I've done many nights this winter and every one of them has seen me in my normal winter clothing, complete with boots on, under just the cover. The coldest night I have done was 0 degrees with plenty just above. I've been sleeping under just a Big Z brolly or a Foz Stalker Shetler (ie. no sides)

I like the sleeping bag too, but I find it easier to attend to the fishing if I only have the cover to deal with.

I shall be taking both teh bag and the cover to the fish in at 3 Lakes if you want a look (and are coming).

Matt

E

EC

Paul, go for the England Angling deal mate you wont be disapppointed.

I haven't used mine for coarse fishing so much due to the lakes being shut locally this last summer/autumn, but I have done a fair bit of sea fishing and camping with either the bag or the cover on its own, and its the bollocks mate, the bag I often find to be too hot, I reckon it would have to be proper freezin for you to need both.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
I have the trakker cover too with big snooze-got it from Climax on a deal-about 55notes I think

Question-why not a sleeping bag that zips all the way down and along the bottom so you can use it as a bag or a cover

we used to have bags that did this in the seventies on our family camping trips so why not fishing bags?

E

EC

Its got velcro on as well Mattz that you can 'burst' out of in the middle of the night apparently, and straps that secure it to the chair (in case it wanders off?)

B

Bob Watson

I bought the big snooze last weekend, did an overnighter at a place called greengrass, cold night, warm bag? you bet, had to take a layer or two off in the bag, had no bag cover either. Zip was a bit fiddly doing up but "burst" open no probs'

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Bob is that the predator lake mate? near Beverly? If so whats it like, contmeplating going over there this time home.

B

Bob Watson

Paul,

That's the one mate, my mate had two jacks during the day, I had 1 droopped run. The owner told us that the cats were still feeding, so we pulled the Pike gear in for the night and put out rigs for the cats. I fished running leger rigs on three rods,

Rod 1; Bunch of (4x21mm)hair rigged Halibut pellets.

Rod 2; Bunch of lobworms, 2 on the hook and 2 hair rigged (same rig) on a korda maggot klip, just to cover all angles.

Rod 3; Fresh pigs liver on a 4/0 hook.

It'll work come the summer!!