BALDERSTONE LOST!!!!

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

What a disappointment it is to find out that Clitheroe Anglers Association LTD which is a game fishing club, have gone behind another clubs back which is Warrington Anglers, and put a very high bid in for the stretch of the Ribble at Balderstone.
This is one of the prmeium barbel strtches.

What they most probably have done is to start a price war on stretches of the Ribble that every club will now suffer from. You can?t blame the farmers for taking the highest bid, but what you can blame and is to be detested is the way in witch Clitheroe Anglers have gone about this business.

What happened to decorum and gentlemens pacts? It is an unwritten rule amongst angling clubs that this kind of action is just not on. If there had been some kind of disagreement with the farmers, it would be understandable, our lease was up for renewal, and it would have been renewed as usual without any problems, and no decent club would have done what you did.

Cliteroe Anglers Association LTD, You Are A Disgrace.

T

The Monk

Sorry to hear about that Baz, I used to fish that stretch back in the early 70s, a lovely area, no barbel in there in those days of course and from memory it was controlled by the Northern Anglers Association, what year did Warrington get it mate?

alan strickland

Reaction score
Sad day Baz gutted it was without doubt my fav strech of the riverin fact i passed up the Albert ticket last year as i was happy with just balderstone and hurst green,thing is there are no pool`s on that side of the river there all on the far bank as the Balderstone stretch is the inside of a large bend in the river so unless theve got both bank`s the best game fishing is still going to be Elston day ticket from farm on opposite bank.
Going to have to put a fair bit of time camped on the Elston beach fishing the salmon pool this year just to piss them off!!
Last time i ever let a game angler fish through my swim as ive alway`s allowed them to do in the past.

J

john conway

Bad bad news, this means there's likely to be a price war as you say Baz.
As a matter of interest what is the yearly rent of a stretch like Balderstones? However, I thought that WAA owned Balderstones? Is the Hurst Green stretch safe? WAA was one of the best value for money clubs on the Ribble with some really good quality fish coming from their stretches.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Hurste Green is safe John as we own it.
We only leesed Balderstone. Clitheroe Anglers now have it for the next three years, their signs went up today.
It was only two weeks ago that W.A.A. knew of this bid against us.
I can honestly say that W.A.A did everything they could to secure the stretch.

I would be interested to know who is bailifing this stretch for Clitheroe Anglers, if any of you have a walk up there some time and spot the bailiff/baliffs, I would appreciate an e-mail.
I will p.m. you John.
Not sure how long we have had this stretch but it is a good many years.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

If Clitheroe Anglers were members of the NFA. this would not be allowed to happen.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I think we took it over from Northern Anglers Monk, so that's a fair old time.

E

EC

Well and truly gutted.

Bottom line is some people dont give a sh*te about anyone else so long as they are ok!

But what goes around comes around, I hope a couple of angling clubs pool together and do the same to them next year.

So the opposite stretch is day ticket then? Details anyone? Maybe for once we should really advertise that fact?

P

paul williams 2

"What happened to decorum and gentlemens pacts?"

The gentlemen died out Baz...........sadly :(

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I can't imagine that C.A. will be very popular with the surrounding clubs after what they have done.

This is a small club,with a small membership, with lots of money, very few waters, and no ethics.

P

paul williams 2

Lots of money.......no ethics.......that about sums it Baz................isn't that fella with the limp and radio fame summat to do with CA?

andy robinson

Reaction score
a club im a member of nearly lost a stretch of the ribble in exactly the same circumstances a couple of months ago.the lease was up, and another club went negoitiating with the farmer,luckily my club put in a better offer, but because of this the membership cost went up 10 quid.I wonder who the other club is ?
then again i could be totally wrong ,but it just seems a bit of a coincidence.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Paul
Do you mean Martin James (Radio Lancashire)??

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Because of what has happened, and no doubt will continue to happen throughout the Ribble valley and probably beyond, price hikes will become commonplace.

It only took the actions of one selfish greedy club, Clitheroe Anglers, to break the ethical bond between other angling clubs, and the way to go about business, like renewing leeses that has now allowed the rot to set in.

There will only be one winner, and that is the landowners and farmers.

Rents and leeses have now been doubled, and they will never come back down again. You can now expect more clubs to lose their fishing rights in the very near future.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
CLITHEROE ANGLERS ASSOCIATION LTD.

P

Phil Hackett Manchester Granitewith Pride

There?s several big clubs who ain?t going to be pleased with what these set of scumballs have done (started a bidding war and increase rents for all) who could now say ?If that?s the way you want to play it, we?re in, and after your waters now!? And believe me when I say at least one of them can outbid any club in the country if they so choose too.

I note CAA are ?limited,? anyone got any info on what type of status this is?
Is it a Ltd company, a trust limited by guarantee?

Pm me if you like if you rather stay anonymous and not go public on the site.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Just going to p.m you with something Phil.

Hutch

Reaction score
Baz, very disapointed to hear this news but why can't a club the size of WAA compete with the CAA? Has our lease expired now or at the end of the season?

P

paul williams 2

Ed.....yep i think thats the name he goes under ;(

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

They are a small club Hutch with only a few members and few waters to pay for. Nowhere near the outlay that we have.

W.A.A. is one of the bigger clubs with lots of waters to pay for, and on a three year lease, ads up to a heck of a lot of dosh.

Either way, If we did still lease it. the rents wolud be astronomical. We did put a very good bid in but were told that it was not enough. Belive me mate, things are going to get very expencive in the Ribble valley through the actions of these Assasins.

Clitheroe Anglers Association did not bid for this stretch of river, THEY TOOK IT. and in time it will be seen that they have shot themselves in the foot. While at the same time, they have stabbed every angler and every club in the back.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Cliteroe Anglers signs were up yesterday Hutch. That's how quickly they have moved in.