Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Losing/Finding tackle - are you up or down?

I've found numerous floats, a catapult, several disgorges, some lead weights but I've also lost numerous floats, a pair of forceps, a few disgorges, many lures and worst of all I've left a good quality large bank stick behind TWICE.

So overall I'd say I'm down on the tackle finding/losing front, but not by too much.

What about others - have you had any major losses of tackle whilst fishing or any good finds?
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Like you I have found various bits such as leads, floats etc. However, I haven't seen my daughter since I took her fishing last summer. I've a feeling I left her by the car in the car park. I keep meaning to go back and check, but it's a bit of a hike just to go for that. I would say, on the whole, I'm down because the floats I've found were either c r ap or broken.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

You are definately up by losign your daughter - mine is 17 and is costing my a fortune, do you want to take her fishing next summer and see if you can leave her in a car park?
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

I'm down by a 36" landing net, two ferruleless spanish reed match rods and an Allcocks Super Wizard to a few poxy feeders and a camo hoody so tight it makes me (with the help of a lifetime's beer abuse) look pregnant.

Found floats and lost floats, found feeders and lost feeders, found lures and lost lures. Up on finding catapoults, banksticks and disgorgers, down on hooks and weights.
    Up on finding someone else's soddinig line.

lost my F@******* little 'bits' box - 20 of quids worth of odd bits SSGs, needles, punch stems etc...............

Someone had a lucky find

Blog Entries

Last autumn I found two reel cases stuffed with braid, line, hooks,swivels, lots of other rig bits, must have been about £60 worth. Fortunately I was able to locate the owner.
    Today I have been on my local river (one roach) and on my return my angling nieghbour walked over the road and gave me a specie landing net pole. Several years ago I left my own landing net on the carp lake at Bowers near Newark, several weeks later when I returned the lady running the place said that a young angler had returned one (mine) that he had found there weeks earlier. He had kept it safe until he returned. Its nice to get back what we have lost and return what we find. Not always possible but we should all make some effort.

Found a nice bank stick today when fishing. Not one of them cheap jobs either.
    Always losing shot and hooks. Damn that pesky tree on the far bank!

I have got to be up recently i lost a camo Gardner fleece put it down and just could not see it anywhere. Found well I have got about a dozen spods and marker floats, Not all on the same day obviously, I brought in a huge ball of line and leads and took about 20 leads of the ball plus Korda leaders. But best of all was a Fox Warrior carp rod and Okuma bait runner reel in great condition. But the best find was an old guy a few swims down from me pulled in a Free spirit rod and a Basia reel he kept that one quiet, as the rod owner and lake owner had been trying to get the rod back for a few weeks with no success. .

i was a landing net down after a long walk on the teme last summer...dont know where exactly it went but got to our my swim with my fishing partner and it had decided to go invisible on me!... i couldnt be bothered to go back looking it as we was about a mile to the car and it was blistering hot, i borrowed one of his spinners and lost it snagged on the bottom the other week,his old man lent me a controller float the once and i broke that somewhow,thats just other peoples stuff...i must have over £100`s worth of feeders and leads stashed in the warkicksire avon at harvington alone!...... i thought id found a rod on the arrow the other day though- a shimano hyperloop telescopic but alas it was just dumped with the top section missing 8O(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast